remeedella
    remeedella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

why is 65% public currently on LOS Dodgers?

NYM still underdog but looks liek they can destroy them..?

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

The 33% is the contingent that thinks nym will win 17-1 again

Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

Mets are the only NL team that SP Chris Capuano has never beaten (0-4, 6.35 ERA in five starts)

remeedella

well, the only thing holding me back is the +1.17 and the majority, I dont think theyll shoot balls off like a rocket as the previous game but I still think the Dodgers wont hit crap all. Whats the game plan?

TheBack
    TheBack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

I hate the dodgers they have no bats. I know Cap starting for them makes it hard to bet agianst them but u cant win if u dont score. The best play here is prob the under.

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Quote Originally Posted by remeedella View Post
    well, the only thing holding me back is the +1.17 and the majority, I dont think theyll shoot balls off like a rocket as the previous game but I still think the Dodgers wont hit crap all. Whats the game plan?
    I haven't looked too closely at this match up. Is there a particular reason you like this over others on today's card?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I would probably lean Dodgers or the un. The Mets blew up for 17 yesterday so we can probably expect a reversal there big time obviously. And after spending all day running around the bases then making a trip 3/4 across country I would lean with the home team that has better pitching and just came off an embarrassing sweep. Have not looked at the game too closely yet but those are my initial thoughts.

good2go2mexico
    good2go2mexico's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let me preface this by saying that the public is usually wrong. Now I am a huge Mets fan never miss a game. According to the beat reporters on Twitter, the Mets got in very late to LA last night even after a day game in Chicago. There were plane troubles. The Mets got into Chicago very late on Monday as well and came out very flat. That's my thinking of why the line opened where it did. We had Chris Capuano last year so I feel that they are going to know the pitches to look for and make him work. I'll be on the Mets all things considered.
    Points Awarded:

EVPlus gave good2go2mexico 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

remeedella

Well the reason I would choose to take NYM is because there is no value with Dodgers, I believe NYM are just getting out of a slump (sleeping giant) and working their way back slowly, I'm sure if they can pitch that the only team doing any scoring will be them today. We won't see what we saw yesterday but I believe they'll do very well in the least, I never take underdogs but this would be an oppurtunity

EVPlus

go2mexico, that's good info. I really wasn't interested in capping this game but now I'll take a closer look.

The angles so far:

LA on a horrendous streak so they have to be pissed off and motivated.

Capuano wanting to right the wrongs regarding his record with the Mets.

Mets having a fantastic game yesterday (against the Cubs but still...) - potential let down spot...?

Mets flying to the opposit coast with flight delays. This can wreck havoc on hand-eye coordination. And I don't have to explain how important it is when trying to perform what is arguably the single hardest thing in sports: hitting a baseball.

I'm going to look at this game a little more. Still on the fence (if the Pirates win, I may just take the day off).

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

You may be right about siding with the Mets and + money here value wise. I just don't see L.A. going 4 scoreless games in a row. I realize Kemp is out but they were winning without him prior to the recent skid. I think some home cooking and being hungry for redemption after the ugly trip to the Bay might be enough to pull an ugly 3-2 kinda win outta them. I may just stay away from this we shall see. Gl with your plays either way!

EVPlus

Quote Originally Posted by remeedella View Post
    Well the reason I would choose to take NYM is because there is no value with Dodgers, I believe NYM are just getting out of a slump (sleeping giant) and working their way back slowly, I'm sure if they can pitch that the only team doing any scoring will be them today. We won't see what we saw yesterday but I believe they'll do very well in the least, I never take underdogs but this would be an oppurtunity
    If you're a flat bettor, eating chalk means you have to win well above the 60 percent mark to show a profit. That doesn't mean you should never lay chalk because in a mismatch, it's absurd to take a team just because "they show value." What good is backing a 180+ dog if they still lose?

You do have a point about the Mets. In spite of my earlier comments, I just don't have that "yes" feeling in my gut about either team.

I'll see if I can dig up some updates on LA and see what turns out.
    Last edited by EVPlus; 06-28-12 at 12:39 PM.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

If its a game of the year it's a winner if it's not you a fubar. Good luck!

newbottles
    newbottles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

I am focusing on other matchups today. This one is a tough call with Dodgers cold bats, relatively small data set on Young, and consistently scary bullpen for Mets. Also the travel wildcard. I just don't see a play here.

That said I like both the Giants and Mets so I know who to root for here!

remeedella

stop looking to me and asking the question. I simply want to play them and am asking the question

good2go2mexico

Quote Originally Posted by EVPlus View Post
    go2mexico, that's good info. I really wasn't interested in capping this game but now I'll take a closer look.

Mets flying to the opposit coast with flight delays. This can wreck havoc on hand-eye coordination. And I don't have to explain how important it is when trying to perform what is arguably the single hardest thing in sports: hitting a baseball.
    Normally I would agree about the travel. And of course that's what the bookmakers are capping it at too but...

Chris Young has good career stats at LA from all his years with San Diego.

Andre Ethier strained his oblique last night. That means you're going to see Abreu batting 3rd and probably Jerry Hairston hitting cleanup. I just cannot back that.

EVPlus

remeedella - it's natural for others to ask why you're leaning a certain way. No one who visits this forum on a regular basis is asking you to make a pick. But I and others want as complete a picture as possible. I'm done with this thread. BOL on your play.

remeedella

stop looking to me and asking the ques

good2go2mexico

I decided to play it safe and hit the Mets series (first 3 games) at -120. Even if they can't win tonight, fully expect Dickey and Santana to own them Friday and Saturday.