mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

lol so a tout just called re: Rays @ Royals

normally these calls get ignored but I felt like messing with someone today, this guy (Florida area code) actually surprised me, no overbearing bla bla bla sales pitch and didn't want $50 for the first pick...seriously who buys a pick from a fking cold call from some douche you don't even know? people actually do this?

anyways according to his "sources" within KC Hochevar has an unreported shoulder issue and is guaranteed to not make it out of the 4th or 5th inning....lol gotta admit usually the touts go with records or their "boss" is some handicapping god but I haven't heard the "inside source" line in awhile...at least it made me smile on a Monday,,,hell I'll even throw a unit on it for sh*ts and giggles...

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guarantee you their "inside source" isnt more reliable than linesmaker's "inside source". Even if Hochevar only pitches 4 innings, that might be plenty enough as the Rays will be dead tired and unmotivated.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

He does not know anything. If he received that type of info, then that call would have been made in the Mediterranean Sea on the deck of a yacht.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Ironically the longer Hochevar pitches Royals probability of winning only decreases. He is an awful pitcher.

mngambler

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    He does not know anything. If he received that type of info, then that call would have been made in the Mediterranean Sea on the deck of a yacht.
    oh come on...a cold calling tout making $10 an hour from Fla. can't have an "inside source" geez guys where is your faith in people

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

How did he get your number? Hopefully one of your books didnt sell it to them. They are notorious for that which is why I always give them an invalid number.

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

How much do you want to wager that this piece of sh1t called the same number of people telling them that the OTHER team is a lock.

Get what I'm saying...? Oldest trick in the book. He calls 100 people telling them to take team A. He calls another 100 people telling them to take team B. The next day, he calls back the 100 people whose team won with a "hey - I told you I got inside locks" sales pitch. Then he reels them in.

FWIW, I did cap this match up and I really (no joking) do like Tampa. HOWEVER - the double header they played just makes it a no play for me.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Under 9.5 -140.

mngambler

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    How did he get your number? Hopefully one of your books didnt sell it to them. They are notorious for that which is why I always give them an invalid number.
    must have been from a book because In 10 years of gambling I have never purchased a pick from anyone...fkers call at least once a week, no biggie because 9/10 it comes up as a private number and I just clear the call

dogs
    dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 298

Quote Originally Posted by EVPlus View Post
    How much do you want to wager that this piece of sh1t called the same number of people telling them that the OTHER team is a lock.

Get what I'm saying...? Oldest trick in the book. He calls 100 people telling them to take team A. He calls another 100 people telling them to take team B. The next day, he calls back the 100 people whose team won with a "hey - I told you I got inside locks" sales pitch. Then he reels them in.

FWIW, I did cap this match up and I really (no joking) do like Tampa. HOWEVER - the double header they played just makes it a no play for me.
    i get text,s same set up!

mngambler

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes & Whine View Post
    Under 9.5 -140.
    actually like this better than taking a side

lonegambler
    lonegambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

My book has 8.5

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

What an idiot that tout was with his "inside source" .....KC up 7-0 and Hochevar was lights out tonight.

mngambler

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    What an idiot that tout was with his "inside source" .....KC up 7-0 and Hochevar was lights out tonight.
    not surprising considering they probably just throw a dart at a board and hope the play hits so they can sucker you in to buying picks, I still managed to go 2-1 on the night so w/e not gonna complain...just more proof of why I never buy picks or follow anyone in the service plays forum. I spot bet and can usually grind a nice roll putting in a lot of work...and If I'm gonna blow it I sure as hell won't do it blindly following some jagoff