Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

Early Move, May Be the Wrong Move in Arlington (Tigers/Rangers)

I definitely agree that the Texas Rangers were overpriced as minus-175 home favorites when the line opened against the Detroit Tigers on Monday night, but value may land squarely on this side due to the following:

• Rangers SP Justin Grimm became just the third MLB pitcher since 2000 to debut with a quality start and strike out at least seven batters without a walk (Stephen Strasburg / Johnny Cueto being the others)

You'll be hard-pressed to find two better pitchers, outside of Verlander, in the majors right now

Tigers SP Rick Porcello is also 1-2 with a 12.27 ERA in three career starts against the Rangers, allowing 26 hits in just 11 innings of work

The Rangers are 36-19 as a home favorite of -125 to -150 over the last two-plus seasons, while the Tigers are 16-24 as a road underdog of +125 to +150 in the same span

Very interesting game on Monday night
    Last edited by Jeff Grant; 06-25-12 at 12:46 PM.

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

So whats your point. What's your move?

I'm on Texas all day. Dot care what anybody post

Jeff Grant

Quote Originally Posted by vaas187 View Post
    So whats your point. What's your move?

I'm on Texas all day. Dot care what anybody post
    My point is, I believe the early move on this game is strictly a value play, as the Rangers were overpriced when the line came out

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like your posts tho. Always informative

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

as bad as the Tigers are playing right now and as hot as the Rangers offense is, I wouldn't take the Tigers at +200

Jeff Grant

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    as bad as the Tigers are playing right now and as hot as the Rangers offense is, I wouldn't take the Tigers at +200
    Struggled to put any type of winning streak together all year

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Grant View Post
    Struggled to put any type of winning streak together all year

Porcello is just a terrible matchup against Texas as well. That team flourishes against contact pitchers

Jeff Grant

Quote Originally Posted by vaas187 View Post
    I like your posts tho. Always informative
    Appreciate that - looking forward to really getting things going for football season

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2714

I would definitely play Texas here if I did sides and ML in baseball...but as most posters already know, I just bet totals only in MLB and I played the over 11 tonight!...As has been said, the Rangers simply feast on Rick Porcello and this will probably be one of the games where the Rangers might get the number by themselves!...I see a 10 - 4, 11 - 5 type of game as this the time of year when balls start to fly out of the ballpark with hot weather and humidity and especially true in sandbox lots like Arlington, Texas!..