gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Thursday picks ( 296-273 +41.54 )

2011 baseball thread ( 244-187 +51.21)
    Rangers to win world series +500 risk 3
    Dodgers to win world series +1000 risk 1
    Cardinals to win world series +1400 risk 1

I am in sort of a rush this morning so really short write ups. I cant believe I am putting money on this putrid Pitt offense again but Mcdonalds numbers at home are too good and Minnys and Hendriks numbers are just too bad not take a punt here.

St Louis -1 +110 risk 1

Lohses numbers have been stellar this year ( 6-2 2.98 ERA ) and is really showing great command with a 50:14 K:BB ratio, he is coming off a poor start against KC. Mainly a play against this young guy Turner. He is being recalled from triple A ball and was really lit up last year in his few innings he has thrown in the majors. He has good numbers in triple A and actually was coached by Matheny in high school but this is a tough spot for the youngster and an umpire behind the plate with a small strike zone, not alot of room for error here.

Phillies -1 -133 risk 1.33

Worley hasnt looked as sharp but mainly a play against Francis here and the rockies and this pitching staff. Francis just doesnt look right since his return, I dont know if its mechanics but the leftie has been getting lit up (0-1 12.46 ERA). I dont see how long someone can stay in a pitching rotation when you have an ERA over 12 but the pitching rotation for Colorado is so messed up right now they dont really have a choice.

Pirates -1 -116 risk 1.16

Zero confidence in the Pirates bats but Mcdonald is one of the best pitchers in the majors at home (1.75 ERA at home, 5-2 .232 ERA overall) and has looked really sharp this year. Look at Hendriks and Minnys stats and you have to go with the Pirates here but not alot of confidence they can cover this -1 run line. Mcdonalds win- loss record should actually be alot better if he got some run support.

Last edited by gregm; 06-21-12 at 10:50 AM.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

South carolina (college baseball) -1.5 -110 risk 1.10

Miami (nba) -3.5 -110 risk 3.30