tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Bonds breaks the NL home-run record

MILWAUKEE -- Into the stratosphere it rocketed, and into history as well.

It wasn't the space shuttle, but Barry Bonds blasting his 734th career homer Saturday against the Milwaukee Brewers at Miller Park, breaking Hank Aaron's all-time National League home run record.

Bonds' blow came off left-hander Chris Capuano in the third inning, upping the Giants slugger's homer count to 26 on the season and marking his ninth shot in his last 21 games.

The 42-year-old tied Aaron's mark Friday night here.

"I'm feeling good," said Bonds after tying the record.

His shot in the third inning Saturday sailed just over the right-center-field wall, and outfielders Brady Clark and Corey Hart tryied in vain to catch it, with center fielder Clark leaping onto the fence.

Bonds also drove in Randy Winn with a single in the first inning and in two games has eight RBIs.

The left fielder is now only 21 homers sky of catching Aaron's all-time mark of 755 homers.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Im sure Dan is happy about this, and is probably out celebrating.

tacomax

I'm sure that Dan did a white wee-wee when he heard about it.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Im sure Dan is happy about this, and is probably out celebrating.
    That's why he's not around

Mr. Bonds

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Barry Bonds
    The Greatest Baseball Player of All Time

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Barry is quietly having a very good year despite the injuries and less at bats, he is still probably the best hitter in the game.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I seen that Barry Roids..Errr...Bonds homerun. I sure hope he gets the Pete Rose treatment before it's all said and done.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i imagine half the league did roids at one time or another so i don't get after him too much

wonder where he will play next year

DH would be so much easier on that knee

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Having the name "Bonds" in the same sentence as "Aaron" is like putting "George W Bush" in the same sentence as "Thomas Jefferson" (or Barry Goldwater, if you prefer the Republican twist).

It makes my stomach hurt just thinking about Hank's legacy even being connected only statistically to this jackalope.
    Hank is everything that's good about baseball and everything that's good about people. To see such a dickwad like Bonds (and not dickwad like say - Ty Cobb) approach Hank's numbers is a disgrace to the game, especially how he achieved said statistics. Bonds was good enough to make the Hall no sweat without cheating... Now he's tarnishing the name of one of the toughest, bravest and most gifted men ever to walk the planet - and it's a disgrace.

And while I'm at it - F ESPN too for overhyping his achievement(s). Integrity should mean something... or are we, as sports fans, too starved for that drama at any price?
    I can't even watch sportscenter anymore it's so bad... Thank god for the NFL Network!

tacomax

If he was taking steriods when they were not a banned substance then how was he cheating? Come to think of it, has it been proved that he's taken steriods at all? Has he ever failed a single drugs test? I think you know the answer to those ones.

Congratulations, Barry Bonds, you're an asset to baseball.

moses millsap

Yeah while we may not agree with his probable use of steroids, they were not against MLB rules if and when he took it. The only thing that bugs me is that he gets all of the wrath when I think Sammy and Mark should be getting most of it along with that bum Bud Selig. The other thing that annoys the living F out of me is that all these pitchers get a walk when a lot of them are just as guilty. Why don't we grill Juan Rincon more often??? He was regarded as one of the top set up men before.

Three cheers for Bonds!

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

he'll come back and break the record next year...really amazing what he has achieved, juice or no juice...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

So the guy has like 30 home runs without roids. Wake me up when Ryan Howard hits 62 homers for the regular season and becomes the true home run king.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am not a Bonds supporter, but I must say- Roids or no Roids he is one of the better players in the history of the game.

jjgold

Bonds at age 42 is still the best and most feared baseball player. I team in the AL would love to get him next year as a DH.

Almost every player in bases did roids, Bonds was just so good his name was one of the only few mentioned.

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steroids thing doesn't bother me too much, being a complete asshole is worse.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    ...Wake me up when Ryan Howard hits 62 homers for the regular season and becomes the true home run king.
    Until somebody writes a book citing multiple anonymous sources.

Yoshi
    Yoshi's Avatar Become A Pro!

From someone who makes fun of other peeps posts all the time, i wouldnt have expected this waste of a thread Taco ...zzzzZZzzzzz....

moses millsap

I think we should make this a thread a sticky. We want the mods to be happy and I can't imagine anything making BBD more happy than this first thing every morning when he comes to the forum

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gee, thanks owned

jjgold

Big Mac still has tons of needle marks on his ass and behind his calves. What Mac did was way worse than Pete Rose.

pags11

I'd say it was just as bad, but unfortunately for Rose he's hated more than Mac and people are just so anti-gambling in America it's ridiculous...

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax
    If he was taking steriods when they were not a banned substance then how was he cheating? Come to think of it, has it been proved that he's taken steriods at all? Has he ever failed a single drugs test? I think you know the answer to those ones.

Congratulations, Barry Bonds, you're an asset to baseball.
    Haha - I know you like to stir the pot - but you know he's guilty. Hehe, you rule, Taco.

I won't bite here, however..
    Especially bringing up those points....
    Lets see, his trainer, his training partner, his trainer's supplier and his supplier's subbordinates all either went to jail because of it or said nothing to a grand jury and went to jail because of it.

I dunno, if the glove fits....?
    Well, it did on OJ, but other than in a civil court (where it doesn't matter as far as real conviction), he didn't do it.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out the problem.
    I guess if it doesn't bother you (not saying YOU, specifically, Taco - hehe, you're always right anyway...), then you probably don't have much integrity to begin with.. Then why should anyone care what you have to say then, anyway? Everyone makes mistakes... But on this issue, I can't respect anyone that thinks Bonds is legit in any sense. It speaks volumes of moral (or lack thereof) integrity.

^--emoticon added for uber effect

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold
    Big Mac still has tons of needle marks on his ass and behind his calves. What Mac did was way worse than Pete Rose.
    Thanks for the visual JJ

pags11

when the hell is the baseball regular season over with anyway...I don't mind the playoffs, but the regular season just drags on...