MLB - Thursday, 6/21/12

1 MLB Play Thursday

Cardinals -115 (5 Dimes)

YTD: 136-103-9, +37.15

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Curious to see how you think this game is gonna go. I'm slightly leaning UNDER, but I don't trust Turner. I don't trust either bullpen. I think Lohse gives up a run or two. Then again I just don't see 10 runs here with both teams a mess. The wind is blowing hard to the side and the line at a coinflip has me thinking maybe they have some faith in the Tigers to keep it close.

jolmscheid
    jolmscheid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go get em LT ..you are on fire

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
    Curious to see how you think this game is gonna go. I'm slightly leaning UNDER, but I don't trust Turner. I don't trust either bullpen. I think Lohse gives up a run or two. Then again I just don't see 10 runs here with both teams a mess. The wind is blowing hard to the side and the line at a coinflip has me thinking maybe they have some faith in the Tigers to keep it close.
    No opinion on Total although Matheny does have first hand knowledge of Turner that he can pass along to St. Louis hitters. Here is an excerpt:

As has been discussed on SBR Forum, there is a direct tie between Turner and St. Louis Manager Mike Matheny, as the latter was one of the coaches on the now 21-year-old Turner’s high school team at Westminster Christian Academy, so Matheny may have some first hand pointers for the Cardinal batters regarding what to expect.

Turner is highly regarded as he was a first round draft pick (ninth overall) by the Tigers in 2009 and he could have a very bright future at the Major League level. However, he is still a tad raw at this point and he was hardly overwhelming at the AAA level this year, with a 3.43 ERA and only 27 strikeouts against a rather high 19 walks in 42 innings. He also had an unsuccessful brief stint in the majors last year where he went 0-1 with an 8.53 ERA in three starts over 12.2 innings.

Besides, this could be just a one-and-done cameo appearance for Turner right now with Smyly eligible to come off the Disabled List in time to make his next scheduled turn in the rotation.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Go ahead and take the Cards,

Im taking the under. Matheny wants turner to win because he knows him personally.

Cards suck.

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes & Whine View Post
    Go ahead and take the Cards,

Im taking the under. Matheny wants turner to win because he knows him personally.

Cards suck.
    you're an idiot. why wouldn't he want to beat him, all the more incentive. they're not children or woman, you don't just LET them win.

Dragon
    Dragon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tigers WIN
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-06-14 at 12:09 PM.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Vaas, my point is that Matheny is polite, he wishes well for Turner. He ain't Larussa. He doesn't have the killer instinct yet.

And yes, he is a woman and yes the Cardinals are a bunch of kids you idiot.

Holliday is a like an overpaid gym rat who only cares what his biceps look like.

Cards leave runners on, they are slumping, they stink, etc.

Turner is a rookie who has pitched 5 strong innings so far, they can't hit him because they don't want to.

Let's just see who wins this game, because it won't be the Cardinals.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Lt anything else for the night???

LT Profits
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Lt anything else for the night???
    I'll post around 5:30 ET one way or another

LT Profits