stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Here's a question I'd like answered?

Why must some posters go into other people's threads, I'm talking about posted play threads, where, (I'm not just talking about me) a poster makes a legit play, spent time on the write up, gave the game some thought, and totally spam it.

The sad thing is, the people that spam, or troll many of these posted play threads, have never posted a play here in their life.

Here's a novel idea, instead of posting "your play sucks hamburger" try being respectful when you fade a play, how about explaining why you don't like the game.

Knock it off !

stevenash

Having said that, here's a dog worth looking at this afternoon.

Sorry, I don't feel like writing it up, but I have my reasons.

SEATTLE +150 (Vargas) over ARIZONA

Tail, fade, or pass, I don't give a rats ass

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Great post.. don't understand it either... would be nice if mods could clean it up

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

If OP posts that it's a lock with no reason as to why, I can understand the trolling. However, in the example you give, it's BS to troll.

Hectorcist
    Hectorcist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Having said that, here's a dog worth looking at this afternoon.

Sorry, I don't feel like writing it up, but I have my reasons.

Tail, fade, or pass, I don't give a rats ass

Vargas has some good numbers agains Dbacks. Couldnt say the same about Cahill vs. Mariners. I'm not sure if you based your pick on those stats. I don't want to compare the scenario but yesterday this was the same situation Hamels was in vs. the Rockies where he didnt have a good history against them. Sometimes you gotta roll with the hotter pitcher. Cahill's won 3 in a row and given up only 2 runs in like 3 games. But BOL with your pick! I tailed a pick of your's several games back and it cashed. Thanks for that!

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    If OP posts that it's a lock with no reason as to why, I can understand the trolling. However, in the example you give, it's BS to troll.
    Yes, if it's an attention whoring, waste of space, lock of the century, joke of a tread, I'll be the first to jump ugly and pile on, but I seriously believe there are posters here that root for people to fail.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Seattle sucks.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seattle sucks.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Just playing Nash. You are one of about six guys here I read and agree with more often than not. Today you have to go with the starter you think will go more quality innings. Pens are tired. Good luck.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

Several international tournaments, wnba and lots of tennis and you still play the games the books want you too.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just playing Nash. You are one of the few guys here, that I don't mind that look for attention. I usually read your thread, but never post, and never tail/fade.

Good luck on the sonics bet.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Why must some posters go into other people's threads, I'm talking about posted play threads, where, (I'm not just talking about me) a poster makes a legit play, spent time on the write up, gave the game some thought, and totally spam it.

The sad thing is, the people that spam, or troll many of these posted play threads, have never posted a play here in their life.

Here's a novel idea, instead of posting "your play sucks hamburger" try being respectful when you fade a play, how about explaining why you don't like the game.

Knock it off !

your play sucks hamburger.... jk

I'm with you. I don't care if you disagree with a play or think it sucks but tell me why. Nothing wrong with open discussion maybe there's something I missed.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Just playing Nash. You are one of about six guys here I read and agree with more often than not. Today you have to go with the starter you think will go more quality innings. Pens are tired. Good luck.
    I know you are, I was waiting for a few of those when I posted.
    I get it.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorcist View Post
    Vargas has some good numbers agains Dbacks. Couldnt say the same about Cahill vs. Mariners. I'm not sure if you based your pick on those stats. I don't want to compare the scenario but yesterday this was the same situation Hamels was in vs. the Rockies where he didnt have a good history against them. Sometimes you gotta roll with the hotter pitcher. Cahill's won 3 in a row and given up only 2 runs in like 3 games. But BOL with your pick! I tailed a pick of your's several games back and it cashed. Thanks for that!

OK, few reasons, Vargas has had success in the past against this team (like you said)
    It's a value play, I personally think the line should be +130/-140, not +150/-160.
    I've been successful so far this year on these 'so called' value plays.
    Vargas can match Cahill pitch for pitch, M's bats are much more consistent these days.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Several international tournaments, wnba and lots of tennis and you still play the games the books want you too.
    I guess I never got the memo from 5Dimes and Heritage stating "Nash, we are begging you to play Mariners"
    Be back in a second, I need to check my spam folder in my e-mail account, I think that memo may have been moved there.

Thanks for your spot on, usual insight Emily.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Vargas coming off a bad start, Cahill coming off great one with plenty of SOs. Arizona has been scoring lately. Going with the guy who strikes everyone out. Why do you like Sea? Feel your pain with the internet flamers dog, but I would have liked it if you spent your time writing about the play, would much rather discuss that than lame sbr posters.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectGrape View Post
    but I would have liked it if you spent your time writing about the play, would much rather discuss that than lame sbr posters.
    Had to be said. This place is starting to turn into the RX

You like Cahill and the Snakes, bet them up, what do you think, I'm going to stay at 73 percent all season?
    Don't let some dopey internet poster get you off your play, you like 'Zona, then play it for the love of God.
    I like the M's at +150, if it goes south, it goes south, so be it.

taxe91
    taxe91's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cahill has the better numbers here but definitely not enough to warrant a +150 line for Vargas. Mariners have a better record on the road than at home, they can play.

I like it.

Squirrel Kokomo
    Squirrel Kokomo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Yes, if it's an attention whoring, waste of space, lock of the century, joke of a tread, I'll be the first to jump ugly and pile on, but I seriously believe there are posters here that root for people to fail.
    misery loves company.

losers want to see others fail. there's nothing new here, and it's certainly to be expected at times among a group of degenerate gamblers.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I never seem to get trolled when I make a bet threads.

I think whenever a poster on here makes a "Lock of the week" "Biggest play of my life" "$10,000 bet!" then loses that bet. That's when the trolls flood in to criticize the bad/square play.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

because we get a laugh from softies like you who need a kleenex every time someone criticizes your play.

if you really can't stand it here or complain about the BS that gets dished out on a public gambling forum then go on about your business somewhere else

easy as that. but its obvious you post plays and spend considerable amounts of time on a message board because your the one desperate for attention.

so go on. tell us who is going to win.

jlee
    jlee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

The longball hurt arizona last night. I don't expect cahill to allow any homers. Vargas has a bad June, and I don't expect him to have a bounce back start in arizona, where they're hitting pretty well (16 runs in the past 2 games vs seattle)

jlee
    jlee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorcist View Post
    Disagree with cahill's numbers vs mariners. He started 5 games vs the mariners in 2011, 4 games he allowed 2 runs or less. one bad outing he allowed 7 runs. This was in the AL, with the DH. Vargas numbers come from 3 starts, 2009, and two in 2005.. can't give much credit for that.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Its the most annoying thing about this place

And the reason no one should ever post plays

There are way too many brokedikk fukks here that will spend there whole night watching posters posted plays praying they lose

They win and the thread gets zero replies

They lose and all the brokedikk fukks like sinner come out of the woodwork laughing cause there life is so miserable its the only free enjoyment they can find

No reason to ever post plays
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ParlayininHTown

Hectorcist
    Hectorcist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jlee View Post
    Disagree with cahill's numbers vs mariners. He started 5 games vs the mariners in 2011, 4 games he allowed 2 runs or less. one bad outing he allowed 7 runs. This was in the AL, with the DH. Vargas numbers come from 3 starts, 2009, and two in 2005.. can't give much credit for that.

And that's the reason why I'd go with Arizona instead. Thanks JLee!

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    because we get a laugh from softies like you who need a kleenex every time someone criticizes your play.

if you really can't stand it here or complain about the BS that gets dished out on a public gambling forum then go on about your business somewhere else

easy as that. but its obvious you post plays and spend considerable amounts of time on a message board because your the one desperate for attention.

so go on. tell us who is going to win.
    Says the guy who never posted a play in his life, tells me last month my Cubs pick over the Padres was garbage, I win that, and a few days later goes into another guys SD Padre TT over 4 thread, "tells him it's a good play, that there is no such thing as a lock, but that play is close to a lock, but I can't play it" and that wins.

Everytime you open your mouth you stick your foot in it, you amuse me. I think I like you.

crzdmaniacus
    crzdmaniacus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Regardless of what others think, it would be nice to see a write up. Yours and a few others, like LTA, Red, Pacocn are worth the time reading. The fact that people come and post and view your threads shows they follow you and think its worth the time to respond,whether it's to talk crap or not! Keep up the good work! It doesn't go unnoticed!

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Under 8.5 in this one. I know the bullpens are spent, it's going
    to be hot, these teams hung 21 runs last night, but i really like the under.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    I like the Under 8.5 in this one. I know the bullpens are spent, it's going
    to be hot, these teams hung 21 runs last night, but i really like the under.

I have a theory that has had some success in the past, I call it 'the shot their load theory'
    I have found more times than not, that when teams combine for 16 or more runs in a previous game, and play each other the next game, the total usually (not always) goes under.

stevenash

I'm going with a Yankee/Tiger stack today in daily fantasy.

Roster
    Infield
    Pos Name Salary
    C Russell Martin (NYY-C) $5,087
    1B Albert Pujols (LAA-1B) $8,260
    2B Robinson Cano (NYY-2B) $8,009
    3B Miguel Cabrera (DET-3B) $9,211
    SS J.J. Hardy (BAL-SS) $5,802

Outfield & Utility
    Pos Name Salary
    OF Raul Ibanez (NYY-OF) $6,054
    OF Jayson Nix (NYY-OF) $4,525
    OF Delmon Young (DET-OF) $4,432
    U Joey Votto (CIN-1B) $10,314
    U Prince Fielder (DET-1B) $8,927

Pitchers
    Pos Name Salary
    SP Jason Vargas (SEA-SP) $9,181
    SP Erik Bedard (PIT-SP) $8,813
    RP Addison Reed (CWS-RP) $1,611
    P Gavin Floyd (CWS-SP) $9,225

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Nash, I like your plays. You are usually spot on. People criticize others because they are afraid to make their own plays. I have been gone for awhile, but the last time I saw Emily making his own plays he was doing ML parlays of NCAA football teams favored by over 30 points.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Like the m's as well

stevenash

Down to +143 from +150 at 7:30am

stevenash

Young CF