19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Dude is a hall of famer. The goddamn writers need to get their goddamn head examined. Bunch of fukkin' hypocrites. Thinking they're Solomon, deciding who did or did not do steroids.

If you leave Clemens out, you have to leave out everyone from the 90's. Including the best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr, who I believe never touched the shit.

Griffey, Jr....Great , great talent...
    Another jaw-dropping case of "injury plagued, what could have been".

Although I don't follow your Clemens to everyone from the 90's logic.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't believe the size of the balls on that guy... straight up fuking cheated his ass off.. and was crying like a bitch.

I mean, w/ OJ it was like: "I be sure as shit chopped dat bishes head off... but I be acting in court room and say 'Dank you an sheet' for pretend for the cameras" ....

... but Clemens, I mean, the guy straight up believes he didn't take no steroids .. and the needle is straight up sticking right out of his ass!!!!

It's like watching Sandusky being interviewed on camera. It's borderline insane. I mean, Sandusky is the devil. But to see the belief in Clemens that he didn't take steroids... it's mindboggling.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Griffey, Jr....Great , great talent...
    Another jaw-dropping case of "injury plagued, what could have been".

Although I don't follow your Clemens to everyone from the 90's logic.
    The 90's is the real steroid era. This guy is guilty of nothing, yet the writers are touting this amazing ability to be able to discern who did or did not take roids.

I am of the opinion that it doesn't matter if a guy roided up or not if he is a clear, first ballot HOF candidate, i.e BONDS/McGuire/Clemens. If you are a borderline guy, not able to get in on multiple attempts, and are suspected of roiding - then yes, let that count against you.

But what those 3 aforementioned guys did is above the cloud of steroids.

TheBack
    TheBack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

This guy is a dbag. He is the one that pushed for the congress hearings and lied is azz off. The only reason he didnt get convicted was bcuz his boy Andy changed his story and said he couldnt remember. If Clemens wanted to clear his name he should have taken the stand under oath. But he didnt cuz he didnt want to get caught. And how f@cked up is it that after the case the jury asked for autographs. Remember this idiot is the same guy when he was asked about his lies in front of congress said "He Misremembered it " thats right he said he misremembered.

No HOF for him.

tunaguitar76
    tunaguitar76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 895

I am of the opinion that it doesn't matter if a guy roided up or not if he is a clear, first ballot HOF candidate, i.e BONDS/McGuire/Clemens. If you are a borderline guy, not able to get in on multiple attempts, and are suspected of roiding - then yes, let that count against you.

I'd like to agree but depending on when they started juicing could be exactly what took them from a borderline to a first ballot HOF player.

take McGwire as an example. it's likely 300 or more of his 583 homers came when he was juicing. If that is true, there is no way he was a first ballot guy before he started. If Clemens started when he went to Toronto, almost half of his 354 wins came after he started playing with needles in his butt.
    Last edited by tunaguitar76; 06-20-12 at 03:55 AM. Reason: i never won a spelling bee

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

The 90's is the real steroid era. This guy is guilty of nothing, yet the writers are touting this amazing ability to be able to discern who did or did not take roids.

i'd love for you to point to a single example of "writers touting this amazing ability to be able to discern who did or did not take roids." believe it or not, the sports media (or any other branch of the media) is not some giant cabal that has morning conference calls to decide what the day's message or spin will be. attributing some sort of group-think or conspiracy to sports writers is just as specious as assuming that every player who played in the 90s used steroids. they are both simply collections of individuals, and they come complete with individual biases and flaws, just like any other individuals.

i personally don't care if Clemens used steroids or not. i've hated that loser for decades so i just love watching him twist in the wind and cry like a bitch over this entire situation. i hate any AL pitcher who goes head-hunting - straight up pussy move. Clemens and Pedro were the kings of it, threw at guys heads for years when they'd never have to hold a bat, and deserve whatever they get. both are guilty of being card-carrying pussies, case closed.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I say you can't use it against some and not others...

as far as I'm concerned, who gives a damn if players roid up? They still accomplished those athletic feats and it's their body anyway.

Clemens is clearly an HOF pitcher, one of the best ever, but he is a pu$$y and a coward because he can't man up and tell the truth like others, besides just being a miserable prick in general.
    Last edited by KKoz9; 06-21-12 at 12:19 PM.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Did his head start to look bigger??? Like Balco Barry.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Clemens a liar, arguing his case to a group of know liars, and we have our own selected few (on this site) neo-con ass kissers, supporting the lying. Pretty much sums it all up.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    Can you really say with a straight face that you belive he never used PEDs?

That is the bottom line issue with regard to his reputation and the HOF, not whether he "got off" on a criminal charge (which has a much higher burden of proof) because McNamee has zero credibility. The evidence still exists and is damning. He deserves the same, if not more, skeptcism as McGwire, Palmeiro, etc. because he is an absolute liar. The fact that he bought and bullied his way out of any criminal conviction is beside the point.
    This is the same guy (sbr Lou)who after re watching the Bradley Pac fight he had Bradley winning

First 12