SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike Rose: Angels +105 at Oakland

Angels +105 at Oakland

Game Time: 9/22/2006 10:05:00 PM
    By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com

The top two teams in the AL West will see each other a lot over the next 10 days starting tonight in Oakland where the visiting Angels have an edge over the Athletics.

It doesn’t get much better than this folks. The A’s and Angels are scheduled to play seven games over the next week, and it just so happens that Oakland currently holds a 7-game lead over the Halos in the AL West Division over.

It’s almost eerie to think about, but the schedule makers were right on scheduling these two in the final week of the season. The Halos need to take each one of these games in this series, and then hope the M’s can take care of business at home when they tangle with the Rangers for three before next weekend’s finale. Mike Scioscia has the perfect guy taking the bump tonight in rookie Jered Weaver who has been nothing short of fantastic this season. He’s 11-2, sports a sick 2.15 ERA and has competed in tough venues and won throughout this season.

I’m looking for Weaver to throw an absolute gem as the defending AL West Champs throw the first punch in this extremely important 3-game set. I truly feel Oakland will take a lackadaisical approach towards this series considering they have a nice little cushion to sit on. Now don’t get me wrong, though. They will compete, but not nearly as hard as LA will, especially in this first game.

Play: Angels +105

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Angels pretty much have to win at least 6 of their remaining 7 against Oakland to just barely keep hopes alive. They'd have to win all 10 of their remaining games to guarantee the division, one loss is maneagable as long as it isn't to the A's and as long as Oakland doesn't sweep the Mariners. With that said, I think they realize they are pretty much out of contention with the A's magic number sitting at 4 with 10 games remaining for each squad.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The halo's are all but done this year, and they know it. I'd take Oakland in this game.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

These are must win games for LAA, so I will towards them.

moses millsap

Watch the improbable happen and Oakland lose the division, lol. Angels seem to have their number.

moses millsap

Stupid A's, Vlad gifts them an error with a dropped ball and they strand the runner at 2nd with 3 straight outs. Ever heard of small ball Macha?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

the A's cashed for you tonight Owned. The halo's are done now, so you know what to do from here on out