BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Betting that a run WILL be scored in the first inning.

I swear if I had bet this prop every game this year I would be up money.

Most of the time betting that there WILL be a run scored in the first inning is + money.

It seems like every night there is a run scored in the first inning in like 70% of the games. Earlier in the year some guy had a thread in which he was saying betting no run in the first inning was easy money. I think that lasted like three days.

Betting on No runs in the first inning almost always seems like a sucker bet regardless of who is pitching.

Thoughts? My thinking is that the first inning is the most probably inning that a run will be scored since pitchers can come out wild and the top of both team's lineups are up. Also, you're getting + money most of the time.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes lately a run has been scoring in the 1st inning more often than not. Long term their is usually no run scored in the 1st more than half the time hence why yes is a +even price. I'd say to go ahead and play yes right now until the trend of runs scoring in the 1st appears to stop.

LolsMcwinsey
    LOL
    LolsMcwinsey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3893

Fade

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

You will need to tighten up your parameters if you hope to make a profit long term. Just blindly betting for a run in the first inning is not much different than playing roulette, IMO.

You can try a model with specific teams in certain situations. For example, Giants playing at home, etc.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

If you do some searching, a couple guys have a running thread about this. Not sure if it is still active, but a couple are floating around.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i play the "yes" sometimes, it misses in the games where it looks good, it is hard to do right i think

hit the indians one today