gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Thursday picks ( 272 -254 +33.59 )

2011 baseball thread ( 244-187 +51.21)
    Rangers to win world series +500 risk 3
    Dodgers to win world series +1000 risk 1
    Cardinals to win world series +1400 risk 1

Giants -125 risk 1.25

I always have arguments with a friend I talk with about baseball about certain pitchers and certain teams . He doesnt even wager but he is a stats geek and baseball card nut, the kind of guy who actually keep scores at home. LOL. We both subscribe to some sabermetric sites and he is alot more a believer in xera numbers and certain stats then I am but we both love Rodriguez. Wandy has been an absolute moneymaker for me over the years, his numbers at home and his overall numbers are pretty incredible considering the fact that he has had to play on a bad team like the Astros his entire career. He has stayed around .500 and above in the win loss record and hasnt posted an ERA of over 3 in the last 5 years with the Astros, he is on course for those numbers this year.

I have an ongoing argument about the Astros with my friend, I love finding teams that you can wager against public perception or just teams that are bad but offer alot of value in certain wagers, , seattle team totals and Wandy at home with the astros, even with good teams like
    betting against the Giants on the +1.5 run line. I missed the boat with the Astros at the first of the year but I thought they would return to their losing ways and they are returning to their putrid form here, he thinks they may be worth looking at but we will see.

The Astros are now 4-12 in their last 16 and even Wandy is struggling and hasnt made it out of the fifth inning in his last 3 starts. He gave up 9 hits and 3 earned runs in 5 innings in his last start, 9 hits and 7 earned runs against Cincy at home and 10 hits in 5 innings in the previous start but that was in Colorado.

I thought about taking wandy and the +1.5 run line but you have an ump behind the plate with a pretty liberal strike zone, the Giants are the hottest home team in baseball (12-4 in their last 16 at home) and Zito has looked pretty sharp here lately ( 2-1 with a 2.53 ERAin his last 3 and 4-2 in his last 6 starts) though he struggled against Texas and had an atrocious outing against Milwaukee.

I just cant take the Astros here as bad as they are playing and with Wandys recent struggles, plus looking at the Giants stats at home. Zito is always hit or miss but I am taking a punt on him getting 6 or 7 solid innings here.

Tigers MLB/Spain ML (soccer) -121 risk 2.42

Tigers are playing pretty good ball lately going 4-1 over the last 5, Verlander a little shaky but whats the point of even discussing the Cubs stats at this juncture. 3-9 in their last 12, 6-21 in their last 27. Fire the hitting coach? LOL. The Cubs problems are alot deeper than that.

Spain ML/Thunder (NBA) -128 risk 1.28

Lee westwood over Mcilroy Thursday -145 risk 1.45
    Last edited by gregm; 06-14-12 at 12:13 PM.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I agree on giants winning