SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pacific Star: Tigers -122 at Baltimore

Take Tigers -122 at Baltimore

Game Time: 9/21/2006 4:05:00 PM
    By: Pacific Star
    http://www.who2beton.com

The Tigers and O's meet in Baltimore this afternoon for a makeup game, and Detroit has the edge behind southpaw starter Nate Robertson.

The Tigers are barely holding onto a half-game lead in the AL Central, and we expect the best road team in baseball to put forth a major effort against a Baltimore club that they know they can beat.

Detroit starts southpaw Nate Robertson this afternoon which is bad news for Baltimore. The Orioles are a pitiful 15-33 against left-handed starting pitching this season, averaging just 4.4 runs/game.

Robertson is in fine form, allowing just two earned in his last 23 innings pitched, including shutting out the O's on six hits his last outing. Granted that was at home, but Roberton has actually been better on the road this season with a lower ERA.

Baltimore starter Kris Benson can be a decent pitcher at times, but the O's have lost nine of his last 11 starts. These are must-win games for the Tigers from here on out and Baltimore is a team they should take care of, especially with a lefty on the mound.

Play: Tigers -122

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have this game as an even matchup so the value is with the Orioles IMO.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    I have this game as an even matchup so the value is with the Orioles IMO.
    Good call ILL, glad I passed on this one. Was tempted to take the bait on the Tigers.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks bud, I also hit the under with this one as well.