SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steve Merril: Play White Sox Over Tigers

Play White Sox Over Tigers

Game Time: 9/20/2006 8:05:00 PM

By: Steve Merril
    http://www.procappers.com

Look for Jon Garland and the White Sox to keep the pressure on the Tigers in this AL Central showdown tonight in Chicago.

The Tigers are a young team that appears to be wearing down as the season progresses as they started the year 76-36 (.679) but have since gone just 14-25 (.359) over their past 39 games.

Detroit suffered a 7-0 shutout loss last night versus a White Sox club that is still the defending world champions and fighting hard for the AL wildcard berth. Look for a bounce-back effort from Chicago’s starter Jon Garland tonight as he had a rare loss in his last start on Friday at Oakland.

Prior to that defeat, Garland had gone 13-1 over his previous sixteen starts and the White Sox were 14-2 as a team in those games. Detroit’s Jeremy Bonderman is coming off a win at Baltimore last Friday, but he still had a mediocre 1.50 WHIP (walks + hits per innings pitched) in that game and overall is in terrible current form with a 6.47 ERA and 1.969 WHIP over his past six starts.

Play: White Sox

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't back the sox in this game at all. This sox team knows they basicly have to run the table in order to even think about having a legit shot to make the playoffs. I feel this team has some major doubts about that, and will play accordingly.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do like Chicago in this game...
    I thought they would make the playoffs and thats not looking so good right now but I think they win tonight...