spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

Yep you can't expect the offense to keep bailing out a less than average pitching staff all the time. Is it me or does it feel like everytime Lester takes the mound it is almost a guaranteed loss? I'm tired of watching him pitch and the Sox losing.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by spippen View Post
    Yep you can't expect the offense to keep bailing out a less than average pitching staff all the time. Is it me or does it feel like everytime Lester takes the mound it is almost a guaranteed loss? I'm tired of watching him pitch and the Sox losing.

I don't know what's wrong with him this year, he's just not himself

More surprisingly though, the sox bullpen has gotten incinerated in this game (they've been nearly untouchable recently)

BigPage25
    BigPage25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Red sox bullpen blows they messed up my 4 teamer today... luckily i did another 3 teamer and won that 1

taxe91
    taxe91's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I don't know what's wrong with him this year, he's just not himself

More surprisingly though, the sox bullpen has gotten incinerated in this game (they've been nearly untouchable recently)
    its his cutter. it used to be his out pitch in recent years but this year hes not getting any swing and misses with it and hes throwing it almost twice as much as last year. hes come out and said that he realises that hitters are recognising that pitch/sitting on it more than they used to but obviously he hasnt worked out a way to work around it yet. to be fair, a real ace can pitch well even without his best stuff, and despite the fact that he did only give up 2 earned runs today, i think josh beckett is still the leader of this pitching staff

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Terrible play.

taxe91

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Terrible play.
    hindsight's wonderful isnt it?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by taxe91 View Post
    hindsight's wonderful isnt it?

this game proves my point though - that a player's great stats against a team don't mean much if that player is really struggling

Bad call on our parts, we should have played the over. Lester has had very few quality starts recently

Donkeys2012
    Donkeys2012's Avatar Become A Pro!

this game proves my point though - that a player's great stats against a team don't mean much if that player is really struggling

Bad call on our parts, we should have played the over. Lester has had very few quality starts recently

You and him have something in Common. He Sucks at pitching and you suck at gambling.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

How many times do the cubs have to lose before people understand that they're never a good choice?
    Today was a good spot for the cubies.

taxe91

if you look at the game its the bullpen that lost it, and thats why aceves took the loss.

lester gave up 2 runs in the 3rd but that was because of the error on the double play ball by aviles. in reality he only gave up 1 earned run which was in the 6th on that sacrifice fly.

lesters line was 6IP 2ER 5K's and thats pretty much what i expected from him,

bobby v took him out in the 6th after he gave up a leadoff single and 5 of the next 6 hitters reached base. that loss is purely on atchison/albers/aceves.

kramerthekid
    kramerthekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

Brahma what's the play tomorrow I need a double up

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

This thread proves how "hot" Dave is. He has no spreadsheet, but this thread in title "Red Sox -1.5(+140)" proves how much of a clown Brahma is. I can't stop laughing.

Dave, thanks for the Padres mL as well.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    This thread proves how "hot" Dave is. He has no spreadsheet, but this thread in title "Red Sox -1.5(+140)" proves how much of a clown Brahma is. I can't stop laughing.

Dave, thanks for the Padres mL as well.

I was 3-0 in my baseball plays - check out the 3 threads I made for the giants game 2, 3 and 4 against the cubs. Those were the only baseball plays I made before this game

Also

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

I was 3-0 in my baseball plays - check out the 3 threads I made for the giants game 2, 3 and 4 against the cubs. Those were the only baseball plays I made before this game

Also

Those plays don't even appear on your spreadsheet

By the way, looks like your gonna lose both Heat and Spurs series that you posted on your spreadsheet before you deleted it. LOL, this is just too funny.

For your time:

Manlet! lol

taxe91

strong meme usage ITT

pacocn

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    Proposed betpoints. bets I'll take Dempster +135 and
    Orioles +1.5. Lets do this.
    As a non-pro i would've really enjoyed getting
    2 points a day for 12 days from you brahma i am disappointed you didn't have more confidence
    beating the O's and the lowly Cubs, maybe next time.

pacocn

Few things to consider here why I love this play

1)The red sox don't win too many close games. If they win, it's generally going to be by 2+ runs. Out of their 28 wins so far, only 5 have been by 1 run. This means that if you just played the blind runline for all their games this year, you would be up a good number of units as they've won 23 out of 54 games by 2+ runs (a profitable number considering all the road games they've played where the runline was probably like + 180)

2)Boston is red hot, won 16 out of 23

3)Baltimore is very cold, losers of 11 of 14. Baltimore is also coming back to Earth. This team will be very profitable to fade I believe over the next 3 months as they regress to where they will likely finish (about an 85-95 loss team)

What scares me here is John lester has really struggled this season. I can see the Sox losing like a 8-6 kind of game but they should win this game and all they have to do is win by 2+ runs half the time and it's a very profitable line
    Who do you like for 6/6? Cubs at +193 looks pretty good any thoughts?

First 12