meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    I talked to a doctor that said braun would have to rub the cream directly on his penis while he was peeing to have a score that high

espn was to blame for results illegally being released before braun had the right to defend himself
    I like to rub cream on my penis from time to time, just not whie I'm peeing. And yes, it's BS that anyone even knows about a false test. Under the policy set forth by MLB, none of this should have come out until AFTER Braun lost his appeal.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Cutch hitting .335

Braun .310

That's one player
    Pass whatever you are smoking if you think Andrew McCutchen is anywhere in the same ballpark as Ryan Braun. You must not watch baseball very closely if you believe what you just said. Sure, AM is a nice little player on a very weak team, but Ryan Braun is an elite MLB player, probably in the Top 5 ball players in all of MLB. He has by far a better career average than AM, more power, more speed, better baserunning skills, etc....

Literally, the Pirates could offer their whole team for Braun and Milw would not even think about it.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    money still will be on the brewers dominance over pits intill they can prove other-wise. i don't remember the last time they have won a series vs us. maybe it was last year or something but it feels like we always win vs them. our team has been playing better, just can't make durish defense mistakes that costs a team 3 runs :[
    Early in 2010 I want to say, Hoffman's last year. In fact, the Brewers won like 20-2 or something like that on a Tuesday and then lost Wed and Thur. It turned out, Hoffman blew the saves on Wed and Thur. That was the last time in Milw. There have been a few series they've won in Pitt though.

HilltopTony
    HilltopTony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I talked to a doctor that said braun would have to rub the cream directly on his penis while he was peeing to have a score that high

espn was to blame for results illegally being released before braun had the right to defend himself
    Not here to argue.....We will all believe what we want to believe. I couldn't care less what Braun uses or doesn't use. Just think the Pirates are going to take 2 of 3 and maybe sweep the Brewers. Pittsburgh has more talent and is better than the Brewers this year. Pitching keeps you in EVERY game and Pittsburgh has pitching this year.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by HilltopTony View Post
    Not here to argue.....We will all believe what we want to believe. I couldn't care less what Braun uses or doesn't use. Just think the Pirates are going to take 2 of 3 and maybe sweep the Brewers. Pittsburgh has more talent and is better than the Brewers this year. Pitching keeps you in EVERY game and Pittsburgh has pitching this year.
    come on tony it's no fun if we don't argue

even with the brewers' large amount of injuries, they are way more talented than pittsburgh. how many all-stars on pitt? i doubt the average person could name 2 guys on that team

meader99

even with the brewers' large amount of injuries, they are way more talented than pittsburgh. how many all-stars on pitt? i doubt the average person could name 2 guys on that team
    Is Barry Bonds still there? How bout Bobby Bonilla?

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    lets get down to it milwwaukee mike.. what chance do the brewers have to redeem themselves today?? i got a bet on pitt
    somewhere around 95%

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Pass whatever you are smoking if you think Andrew McCutchen is anywhere in the same ballpark as Ryan Braun. You must not watch baseball very closely if you believe what you just said. Sure, AM is a nice little player on a very weak team, but Ryan Braun is an elite MLB player, probably in the Top 5 ball players in all of MLB. He has by far a better career average than AM, more power, more speed, better baserunning skills, etc....

Dude. How much baseball do you watch?

meader99

somewhere around 95%
    Back to even. GL on Sunday.

HilltopTony

There are MLB fans that can't name 2 Brewers!

meader99

Gorman Thomas and Cecil Cooper...... Do those count?

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post

Dude. How much baseball do you watch?
    Enough to know that Braun had 33 stolen bases last year (as a power hitter no less with Fielder batting behind him) while McCutchen had 23. Just a better player all around in almost every aspect of the game. Will give AM slight edge on defense.
    Last edited by BuddyBear; 06-03-12 at 03:38 PM.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Milwaukee fans are among the most loyal and knowledgeable fans in all of baseball. The Brewers rank very high in attendance every year and for a small market ball club that plays in a city of around 600,000 that endured more than a decade and a half of very bad clubs, that is saying something.

Look at Pitt and Cleveland if you want a comparison.
    Last edited by BuddyBear; 06-03-12 at 04:13 PM.

milwaukee mike

trinity you got lucky there
    braun just missed a 3 run hr

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Raise it

HilltopTony

Pirates take 2 of 3 like I thought they would. Just better talent this year in my opinion. If the bats start coming around Pirates are going to be tough to beat this year.

milwaukee mike

come on hilltop the pirates don't have better talent no matter how many times you say it. the only teams with a lower payroll than pittsburgh are san diego, houston, oakland, and kansas city.

that was a replacement pitcher for the brewers against one of the pirates' best starters, and the brewers still almost won

coming in here saying "i told you so" is really a low class move, that game could've gone either way and the pirates didn't face either of the 2 best brewers pitchers in the series (grienke/gallardo)

meader99

I don't think I would compare Pittsburgh's talent pool to anyone until they can finish a season above .500. Got nothing against Pittsburgh as they have been fun to pound the last few years.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

That 2008 Milwaukee BrewerWild Card team was a fun bunch to watch.......

CC Sabathia didn’t speak to his agent for the last two weeks of the 2008 season. Though the agent pleaded with his client to consider the risks of pitching on short rest with free-agent millions on the line, Sabathia tired of hearing the same message. So, the pitcher stopped answering his phone, and went on with his business of pitching the Brewers to a wild-card berth in the playoffs.

“I just stopped wanting to hear it,” Sabathia said.

2008, when Sabathia willed them into the postseason. After joining the Brewers via a trade, Sabathia went 11-2 with a 1.65 ERA. He made his final four starts — including Game 2 of the National League Division Series — on three days’ rest.

With the Yankees, he’s proven to be one of the best big money signings of the free-agent era, though he admits he’s never been as locked as he was with the Brewers.

“He put us on his back and carried us into the postseason,” Brewers general manager Doug Melvin said. “He’s a class act, he performed at a time that we needed it, and I said at the time when he helped us win, it was one of the most unselfish performances that he gave us as a player to a team.”

Right away, Sabathia proved to be a perfect fit.

The Brewers’ clubhouse wasn’t much different from the one he was leaving with the Indians. Just like the ’07 Indians, the ’08 Brewers watched a talented core of homegrown talent blossom at the same time. But Melvin knew that stars such as Prince Fielder, Ryan Braun and Ben Sheets were going to need help.

Enter Sabathia, the free agent to be that the Indians knew they had little chance of signing.

“We were all young, we were all cool,” Fielder said. “We didn’t have egos or anything. We were happy to have him because we knew that we needed him. With his personality, mixed in with the personality of the other guys on the team, it was a no-brainer.”

Marc Carig/The Star-Ledger(New Jersey)

milwaukee mike

yeah 2008 and 2011 the brewers' 2 chances to win the world series.

2008 screwed up by that drunk dale sveum deciding to pitch suppan instead of gallardo.

2011 screwed up by that imbecile roenicke deciding to pitch marcum instead of gallardo.

meader99

yeah 2008 and 2011 the brewers' 2 chances to win the world series.

2008 screwed up by that drunk dale sveum deciding to pitch suppan instead of gallardo.

2011 screwed up by that imbecile roenicke deciding to pitch marcum instead of gallardo.
    Oh I don't know about that. The Cards have owned Gallardo, including ripping him in his lone start this year. While I agree Marcum had no business pitching, I'm not sure Gallardo would have fared much better.

HilltopTony

Mike, I am not saying I told you so. And YES the Pirates do have better talent THIS year than the Brewers. The Pirates have to start somewhere and that start was the first half of last year. This year you will see this team compete into Sept. Every team, no matter how bad they have been, have to start their comeback somewhere. The Pirates started that comeback last year but were too young to realize they had to do it for the whole season. This is a franchise with a very rich tradition and sooner or later they will win another WS. I honestly think they have the talent to win a WS in the next 3 years. Don't be fooled by the last 19 years, this team is good!

milwaukee mike

fair enough tony
    but I don't think the pirates have the fan support to start spending $100 million like they need to

I do like rooting for the old blue collar cities like milwaukee, pittsburgh, cleveland, etc

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Easiest but not easy for brews, 1-2 so far?

milwaukee mike

^^^

pitching wasn't lined up right

no greinke/gallardo yet

still go 6-3 imho but I llst a ton on that game today ugh

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

Yup, I've been on them during this run,

jlee
    jlee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

can't make this bet due to braun/lucroy injuries. also, losing prince in the offseason = no firepower in this offense...

vikingfan101
    vikingfan101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

The Brewers lineup certainly isnt what it was before, and with Braun and Lucroy injured is down a bit, but to say there is "no firepower" in this offense is a bit of a stretch. Im not a huge Hart fan, and Weeks isnt exactly setting the world afire, but those guys both can hit homeruns. I would expect them to go 5-1 in the remaining 6 home games here.

HilltopTony

fair enough tony
    but I don't think the pirates have the fan support to start spending $100 million like they need to

I do like rooting for the old blue collar cities like milwaukee, pittsburgh, cleveland, etc
    Mike, they won't spend 100 million. The Pirates window is open for probably 3-5 years and if they don't succeed in the time frame then they are back to square one. The Brewers are in the same boat (which is why they lost Fielder) Small market teams only have a few years of opportunity and this will continue to be the problem until MLB changes things. I have been a Pirate fan all my life and very fortunate to remember the last few WS they won and it sucks that a whole generation of fans look at the Pirates as losers. I used to like the Brewers until they joined the NL Central and used the Pirates as their bitches for the last 5 years. lol BOL the rest of they way Mike. Talk to you after the All-Star break when the Pirates visit again July 13-15. Hell, I may even go to that wknd series at Miller Park.
    Last edited by HilltopTony; 06-04-12 at 05:39 AM.

HilltopTony

Mike, you're right about the fans. They come out because it's a nice way to spend a Summer night in the Burgh and PNC park is a fantastic park. Pittsburgh fans will never support the Pirates throughout the week. It's strictly a weekend event. Pittsburgh fans will run through a wall to support the Steelers though.

milwaukee mike

yeah the brewers are small market but they are spending around $100 million/year

they got sabathia and greinke, not too many other small market teams could do that

the problem with fielder and sabathia is that braun's contract gets ridiculous after the next few years so they couldn't pay those guys for 6 years, they could've easily done 4 yrs $100 million for either though.

even at $100 million it's hard to spend $45 of that on 2 guys

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

3-0 Cubs over Brewers

6-2 Pirates leading Reds

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT

mike i wish you never started this thread. brewers blow.

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Top 9th <abbr title="Runs">R</abbr> <abbr title="Hits">H</abbr> <abbr title="Errors">E</abbr>
    <a href="http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=chc" class="team chc"> <abbr title="Chi Cubs">CHC</abbr>
    (18-36)
    10 10 0
    <a href="http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=mil" class="team mil"> <abbr title="Milwaukee">MIL</abbr>
    (24-30)
    0 5 0
    <dl><dt class="first"><abbr title="First Base">1st:</abbr></dt><dd class="first"> Empty </dd><dt class="second"><abbr title="Second Base">2nd:</abbr></dt><dd class="second"> Empty </dd><dt class="third"><abbr title="Third Base">3rd:</abbr></dt><dd class="third"> Empty </dd></dl>
    1-0 1 outs
    <dl class="pitcherAndBatter"><dt><abbr title="Pitching">P:</abbr></dt><dd><a href="http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=448722"><abbr title="Juan Perez">Perez, J</abbr> (<abbr title="Milwaukee">MIL</abbr>)</dd><dt><abbr title="Batting">B:</abbr></dt><dd><a href="http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=445933"><abbr title="Bryan LaHair">LaHair</abbr> (<abbr title="Chi Cubs">CHC</abbr>)</dd></dl>

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fri 6/1 Pittsburgh Pirates Pittsburgh (25-25) L 2 - 8
    Sat 6/2 Pittsburgh Pirates Pittsburgh (26-25) W 5 - 1
    Sun 6/3 Pittsburgh Pirates Pittsburgh (26-26) L 5 - 6

First 12345 Last