Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

Gambling can be cruel.....

Just want to show you how cruel gamblin can be sometimes....

Been on about a week long cold streak, after profiting for majority of first two months, Ive now lost my profits and then some, this morning had $15.28 in my account and put out these 2 parlays....

05/30 03:51 PM
    Money Line
    $5.00
    $129.03
    Basketball NBA - Miami Heat -425 for Game
    Basketball NBA - Boston Celtics @ Miami HeatTotal O 178½ -110 for Game
    Baseball MLB - Milwaukee Brewers @ Los Angeles DodgersTotal U 6 -115 for Game
    Baseball MLB - Baltimore Orioles @ Toronto Blue JaysTotal U 8½ -125 for Game
    Baseball MLB - New York Yankees -110 for Game
    Baseball MLB - New York Yankees @ Los Angeles AngelsTotal O 8 -130 for Game

05/30 07:43 PM
    Money Line
    $5.28
    $30.62
    Basketball NBA - Miami Heat -450 for Game
    Basketball NBA - Boston Celtics @ Miami HeatTotal O 178½ -110 for Game
    Baseball MLB - Los Angeles Dodgers -190 for Game
    Baseball MLB - New York Yankees -110 for Game

Both lost by 1 game and that game being Kershaw at home is pretty gay, and I didnt even need the dodgers to win just needed the under /either or, but thats why gambling is cruel.
    Now with that being out of the way, I NEED YOUR ADVICE! I have $5 left in my acct and want to throw out a legendary 5-6 team parlay in order to turn this $5 into around $100, and then the $100, into $1000.....anyways GIMME YO PICKS TODAY! I will post parlay after consideration of who is worthy of tail/fade material. and you will forever be remeber as part of the legendary parlay that turned $5 into $1000....atleast I can dream.....

taxe91
    taxe91's Avatar Become A Pro!

that sucks man, is this the first time you've blown a bankroll?

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

rays and dodgers ruined my bank account i am putting it all on Florian Mayer today......but parlays to win money

Smutbucket

Lol no not always parlays to win $$$.....just in this situation ....example.. couple dollars in acct. cant re-up for a bout a week. Ive been on a cold streak. So in this situation, I say yes to parlays so give me the good stuff....

no Im 25 and been gambling since I was 18, not my first time losing, but my first time losing for so long, been like a week where Ive gone probably like 4-15.....usualyl my bad days are 50% or just below but lately just been terrible....I only really fire away on 2-3 games a day, and last week been going 1-2, 0-2, 0-3.....uuugh....

EC4THREE10
    EC4THREE10's Avatar Become A Pro!

How much do you bormally deposit to began your br

I_WILL_WIN
    I_WILL_WIN's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guarantee you LAD with the under will win. I'm parlaying that now because of this thread. Thanks!!!!

EC4THREE10
    EC4THREE10's Avatar Become A Pro!

Huh?

I_WILL_WIN

I am waiting til they move the line to 7

I_WILL_WIN

Push & win = win
    loss & win = loss

I_WILL_WIN

I won a two team parlay with my quarter and it says LAD/OVER. I have to bet it. I changed my mind. Lad/over

I_WILL_WIN

My quarter also said bet HOU/BOS parlay......

I_WILL_WIN

$5/$60

BOS/HOU/LAD/LAD-MIL over 6.5

Good Luck

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

forget parlay. one game. grind.

Smutbucket

I just realized there was only 4 games today.....**** dat shit......get em tmrw.......

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

cash out. buy a slice of pizza

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

You could do OKC, Red Sox over 9, Brewers and over.

That will win you the money

Smutbucket

jbart I will keep those games in mind but Im gonna hold off till tmrw or bump thread back up to top....just wouldnt make sense doing it today with only 3 games....plus my money tied up till end of next week so longer I can make this $5 last the better.....

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

5-6 leg parlay? You're on a coldstreak but think you can go 5 for 5?

Pick one game and play it straight up. No such thing as a bailout in sports gambling.

Smutbucket

its $5. yes I think I can hit a 5-6 team parlay. I was 1 off from a 6 teamer and 4 teamer just yesterday..

not to mention all the ones I hit in the past....actually in first month of baseball I implemented this exact concecpt and hit a 6 teamer with my last $5 in my acct (although I also reloaded that same day but I put parlay in then went to bank to reload) but parlay hit anyway so If I just trusted my parlay I wouldnt have had to reload.

plus, I may be cold, but Im not going to be making all my picks for it, Im going to take my trusted friends at sbr's picks for atleast half of the parlay....

remeedella
    remeedella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

colorado winning, over 10, maybe over 9 boston, boston ml (slight maybe) , milwaukee ml or RL MAYBE over 6.5 or 7, add LOS kings for saturday in it too... See, I've been wrong before but someones paying someone and this is completely fukkin rigged and scammed if this doesn't hit, besides the maybes I put

Smutbucket

post your picks today for testing. tmrw is the real deal.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32295

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    cash out. buy a slice of pizza
    Surprised to see you even posting today.

Squirrel Kokomo
    Squirrel Kokomo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Astros, Tigers / Red Sox Under 9, Brewers / Dodgers Over 7, Spurs / Thunder Under 206.5

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Lad, Lad ov, and Det

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

kid making $5 parlays acting like he knows the importance of line movement or lack thereof. tsk, tsk, tsk...

Smutbucket

another person with huge faith in line movement.....whatya know...

you guys just keep coming out of the wood works yet you continue in their pathetic attempt to attack my knowledge of gambling based on the fact that I dont use line movement in my capping.....you would think all these people have stock in line movement or something?

yes I dont beleive line movement has a direct outcome on game....but im just insane like that.....

and funny thing is its always people who have been part of SBR for less than 6 months....go figure....

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

I say be patient and you will get your money back. Just chip away and get a little at a time. Instead of doing a 6 play parlay do a 2 play parlay. I say do Red Sox ML and Thunder ML in a parlay. Get the taste of wining back and build up your bank roll 1 small win at a time. A lot of people lose their money and make the mistake of trying to get it all back on a few bets or a few days. Just be patient.

Dclan86
    Dclan86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 446

Yea the picks around here recently, including my own, have been awful. We have really gotten screwed on a lot of games recently, especially baseball. Baseball is so early in the season that it can be hard to pick sure winners. I too lost pretty decently last night. I am going to try to find a strong winner tonight so anyone who has any ideas where to start please share. I am going to find one tonight one way or another.

Smutbucket

money isnt really a problem. I have money saved up in other investments, just cant access it until next week. that being said the more I look at games today the more I like the red sox and thunder....lol....might just take that in a 2 teamer today and then spread that into 2-3 parlays tmrw.....

I literally dont "expect" to win my money back this way, and have done this more for fun more than anything....just kinda looking to leisurely take some games this weekend with small chance of getting a nice lil start in my acct....come next week I will return to betting 1-3 games a day, straight bets, chipping away, the right way,

thanks nardva for the advice. my biggest problem in gambling Ive realized is patience.....

Dclan86

Yea why does line movement really matter that much? All that tells you is basically who the public is backing, so what. The public is wrong 50% of the time. I don't pay that much attention to line movement, I do monitor it and take it into consideration but it doesn't way the heavily on my final decision.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    another person with huge faith in line movement.....whatya know...

you guys just keep coming out of the wood works yet you continue in their pathetic attempt to attack my knowledge of gambling based on the fact that I dont use line movement in my capping.....you would think all these people have stock in line movement or something?

yes I dont beleive line movement has a direct outcome on game....but im just insane like that.....

and funny thing is its always people who have been part of SBR for less than 6 months....go figure....
    I'm like you I don't bet based on the line movement. I like to go with who is better or playing better. Depending on the sport I may pick a team because I like the matchup or because I have a gut feeling. I say do what works for you.

Dclan86

Quote Originally Posted by I_WILL_WIN View Post
    I guarantee you LAD with the under will win. I'm parlaying that now because of this thread. Thanks!!!!
    Yea that is a pretty good play, Dodgers have been ******* horrible at hitting recently, stranding base runners, you probably have it on that one. However I am done with the Dodgers for now, they pissed me off last night, dirty rooster suckers!

Smutbucket

Quote Originally Posted by Dclan86 View Post
    Yea why does line movement really matter that much? All that tells you is basically who the public is backing, so what. The public is wrong 50% of the time. I don't pay that much attention to line movement, I do monitor it and take it into consideration but it doesn't way the heavily on my final decision.
    The theory behind line movement is the books try to balance their books and even out their money and its not neccessarily the % of public but the amount of $ that effects line movement.....and theres no way to really know how much $ is on any game so thats why I put even less faith in line movement than the average person on these forums....
    but people can make guesses on how much money is on what line and interpt line movement in their own way and believe that it effects the outcome of a game...
    im strictly a numbers person. DIRECT INGAME EFFECTS.

Smutbucket

Also, I think a big part of my "beliefs" in line movement (or lack their of) are due to my understanding of other markets like futures and commodities markets. This isnt something I love to dig deep into or have a deep understanding of I was just blessed in have a couple family members who trades futures on commodity markets for a living. Npw the president of the US will tell the nation that the price of oil has risen because of speculative trading, yet this an impossibility. Futures markets are based on things like countless things like weather/supply/demand/laws/regulations but no amount of "bets" on what the "future price of commodity A" will be in "x amount of time" will not effect the price of the commodity. Simply because that doesnt effect the "supplier" production costs in any way wether or not the market predicts the "commodity" will go up or down. My theory is that placing bets on a sporting event is similar to this. But Im a terrible capper on a week long losing streak so take my advice for what its worth.

In corrupt markets its possible but I believe that the sports gambling world is mostly legitimate competiive athletes with a sprinkle of corruption thruout history

and my family members would make fun of me if I ever brought up a theory like " im placing a bet on this team because the lines moving in this direction yet this website over here says 70% of public is on the other side" so ....now all the line movement aficionados can chime in now....
    Last edited by Smutbucket; 05-31-12 at 02:25 PM.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Surprised to see you even posting today.
    No need to be surprised. I feed off morons like you.

12 Last