cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK's Daily MLB Thread, Leans for Monday 4/20/09

I only see a couple of juicy ones today

Colorado-107 (Marquis bay-bee!)
    Colorado/Arizona over 10.5 -110 (The size of this line doesn't make sense)
    Philadelphia -1.5 +130 HEAVY (Crumbs Play-O-The-Day)

I'll be back to do write ups in the morning.

tbill11
    tbill11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

What does everybody think about the Orioles tomorrow? +170 last I checked and Masterson is far from a great pitcher. Think the O's could pull one out...

smoovethug
    smoovethug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 341

I think I'll be riding with your HEAVY on PHI. Any thoughts on NYY -1.5 EVEN? OAK is 2-5 in games vs a starting LHP. They're hitting .202 as a team vs LHP. NYY is hitting .320 vs LHP. Pettitte's been pitching well early on while Eveland has been getting hit around and issues too many walks. I don't see the A's bats coming alive after traveling and being shutout yesterday.
    Last edited by smoovethug; 04-20-09 at 03:54 AM.

smoovethug
    smoovethug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 341

One more to throw at you CK:

ATL -1.5 +110

I know we hate Bobby Cox for fvcking us the other day but I think this is a good spot. Chipper returning sparked some much needed offense, Yunel could return Mon night for them as well. Lowe has really held some of their big bats in check over his career...Dunn 1/13, Zimmerman 4/20, Nick Johnson 5/22, Willingham 2/9, Kearns 2/17...and I like him to come back strong after a shaky start last time out. Nationals are throwing a rookie in his MLB debut who will probably be on a short pitch count let alone dealing with those nerves and jitters. I don't expect him to go more than 5 or 6 innings which will expose WAS's bad bullpen. Good spot for ATL to win by 2 or more.

Vonnegut
    Vonnegut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baltimore+1.5 and hope their bats wake up and crush this Masterson meat. Hendrickson is CAPABLE of keeping them in it so I will take the 2 runs at even odds and go for it.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Direct from Boston: Heads up for you guys playing on or again the Sox today. They typically win this game big on marathon monday as I watch drunk at the bars down the street running a 26 mile long bar tab. I would NOT play Baltimore but that being said they are facing a sweep so I don't like going against that either. My opinion here would be to take the OVER (10.5). Masterson is pretty good but the O's can hit. Both teams should reach 5 and that is the magic number. GL!

Jimbo42
    Jimbo42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Booked:

Baltimore +180 (half unit)

GL all...

repski
    repski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10553

Huge rainstorm moving up the East coast....Boston may get their game in, but I expect the Philly,NYY, Wash and possibly Pirates games to be washouts....

CUAIrish
    CUAIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was waiting to see the thread last night to talk about the Colorado game, but fell asleep. I think the wrong team is favored in that game and I'll be riding the game heavy. Colorado has been hitting better than Ari. Ari has only a hand full of hits in their last 7 games. I also like the pitching matchup in this one. Garland may be the better pitcher in the long run but Marquis is off to a better start and I don't mind riding that tonight.

As for the over, I wonder if you meant under. Neither of these teams have gotten many across the plate in their past several games. Colorado did have 8 hits in yesterdays game but still only 2 runs. Perhaps they turn it around tonight but I'd like to see your reasoning for the over play.

Leans:
    Colorado +107 (may wait to see line movement)

Jshap1515
    Cardinals racking up the wins
    Jshap1515's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont bet on over/under of the Dbacks and Rockies. I live in Ari and love my dbacks but they are horrible right now. With that said, the Rockies and Dbacks usually have high scoring matches at Chase so this is a no play for me. I advise the same to you guys because it really is a coin flip.

CUAIrish

I went ahead and booked:

Bal 1H+190
    Bal +210

Just half unit plays

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

FLA -1 (big 2x) +109
    just riding as long as I can

Col (big 2x) +110
    hell Arizona is a mess...I know Arizona owned the Rockies last year...but at least the Rockies can hit something and with Jason on the mound today for the Rockies...good one here

ATL -1 (big 2x) -108
    Washington just sucks...and even if Loew wont pitch as well as he did ...Washingtons bullpen should even give the Braves a chance to score...

GL guys
    Last edited by peterpan19; 04-20-09 at 10:55 AM.

OperatorX
    OperatorX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 447

Liking CK's picks a lot today.. backing them all. BOL everyone.

SoonerGreg
    SoonerGreg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Booked:
    Braves -140 @ Nationals: Nationals arepathetic. Braves bats woke up yesterday and I'm gonna ride them again.
    Marlins -1.5 +135 @ Pirates: The fish are hot. Wish I would have jumped on board sooner.
    Phillies -1.5 +130 vs Padres: I'm rolling with CK on this one.

ragiche
    ragiche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2470

Nice picks for today.CK.I like em'. I played the braves and the phillies.BOL to all of you guys here.And here is for CK for helping us.

Showtime,

Any pucks for tonight.You're on a streak right now.Good call yesterday.2-0.I followed you and it cashes me alot.

Kav
    Kav's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

i went MASSIVE on the rockies!

also booked:

FLA ML -118
    ATL -1.5 +110, bats have woken up, lowe not at a bad price against a rookie pitcher. Worth a shot!

CUAIrish

Quote Originally Posted by CUAIrish View Post
    I went ahead and booked:

Bal 1H+190
    Bal +210

Just half unit plays
    figured, good thing i just went small

solobass
    las vegas.
    solobass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

figured, good thing i just went small
    that was the responsible way to do it, especially with those odds. win=good tidings and smack talk galore loss=not that big of a deal. these plays and strategies keep you in the game for bigger wins down the road!

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Me and solo are taking the 1st innings today. Like I said this month in particular is not kind to the 1st inning run, but after may when it heats up it will be a different story. But according to some numbers my bro solo gave me today looks like a good day to do them!

All the 1st innings.

10 more days before this thread is burned. Someone else will have to take over the responsibilities of opening the thread. I will drop by from time to time with a pick, but I will be on autopilot with my and the JM system 90% of the time. I have a trip coming up in May.

JohnMorr08
    JohnMorr08's Avatar Become A Pro!

*5 Oakland @ Yankees UNDER 9.5 (Cancelled - Game PPD)

*10 Boston Bruins @ Montreal Canadiens UNDER 5.5

Under is 41-11-3 in Bruins last 55 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.

solobass
    las vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Me and solo are taking the 1st innings today. Like I said this month in particular is not kind to the 1st inning run, but after may when it heats up it will be a different story. But according to some numbers my bro solo gave me today looks like a good day to do them!

All the 1st innings.

10 more days before this thread is burned. Someone else will have to take over the responsibilities of opening the thread. I will drop by from time to time with a pick, but I will be on autopilot with my and the JM system 90% of the time. I have a trip coming up in May.
    just some data to back up the claim. the 1st inning system is on a 3 day losing streak currently. only once in the last 3 years has it gone on a 4 day losing streak. have at it ladies and gents and gamble responsibly.

CUAIrish

I haven't been on the 1st inn system, are you guys JUST betting a run in the first inning, or are you doing it live betting and betting there to be a run in first inning, if it loses, then second inning, then third like a 3 part bet?

Also CK, i was interested in seeing your write ups for the games. Specifically the over call on rockies. Love rockies tonight, but not sure about the over and I wanted to see your reasoning.

solobass
    las vegas.

I haven't been on the 1st inn system, are you guys JUST betting a run in the first inning, or are you doing it live betting and betting there to be a run in first inning, if it loses, then second inning, then third like a 3 part bet?

Also CK, i was interested in seeing your write ups for the games. Specifically the over call on rockies. Love rockies tonight, but not sure about the over and I wanted to see your reasoning.

no live betting, just betting all 1st innings yes to run scored prop. all bets are for same amount.

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

nyy games is PPD... Phi probably too...Was not looking good either...

xmrblueduckyx
    xmrblueduckyx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

PHI rained out..

TheLemonDropKid
    TheLemonDropKid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here's my picks for the night:

nhl
    BOS/MON Under 5.5 (Thanks JM)
    WAS -125 (Thanks Me)

nba
    BOS -8.5 (Thanks Me)
    SAS -6.5 (Thanks CK)

mlb
    COL +110 Thanks CK)

I have a good feeling about tonight.....

ATB515
    ATB515's Avatar Become A Pro!

D-backs ML
    D-Backs/Rockies under 10.5
    Padres ML

CUAIrish

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemonDropKid View Post
    Here's my picks for the night:

nhl
    BOS/MON Under 5.5 (Thanks JM)
    WAS -125 (Thanks Me)

nba
    BOS -8.5 (Thanks Me)
    SAS -6.5 (Thanks CK)

mlb
    COL +110 Thanks CK)

I have a good feeling about tonight.....

What are the NBA picks today from CK? Just SA?

oBaMa_MaNiA
    oBaMa_MaNiA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Think CK just has SA today, he's got a nice card tomorrow though!

oBaMa_MaNiA
    oBaMa_MaNiA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Hmm... Philly game is postphoned!

showtime2000
    showtime2000's Avatar Become A Pro!

NHL plays for me tonight,

Montreal +110 (if it's 1 game they are going to win it will be this one)
    NY Rangers +105
    Wash/NY over 5.5

Good luck all

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

no time for writeups today, but i played the braves (RL) and marlins (ML). i play exactly whats in my contest thread with shoe - FYI...

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post

All the 1st innings.

lets all just keep an eye out each night, and whoever can start the next days thread. lets wait until the west coast games are halfway done....

danrman is around late night, ldropkid, phx3, shoe, peter, repski, suicide...whoever...

CUAIrish

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    no time for writeups today, but i played the braves (RL) and marlins (ML). i play exactly whats in my contest thread with shoe - FYI...
    Hows that contest comin along?

Jimbo42
    Jimbo42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where is everyone.....
    Just home from work...
    Booked:

Arizona -110

GL everyone!

123 Last