Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Safer Pick today Detroit or Los Angeles Angels

Verlander starting for detroit. Weaver for LA. Like Los Angeles bats more but Detroits pitcher more.

Who would you take and why? Thanks guys.

abv
    abv's Avatar Become A Pro!

Both are juiced but Pittsburgh is a far better team than SD in general. Detroit can be scary good sometimes but has been nothing but inconsistent and underachieving throughout the year. This month has seem them lose consecutive series to Seattle and Oakland, and most recently get swept in a 2-game series to MIN. I've got the RL in a system play but I'll be sweating it for sure.

You could say the same things about LAA and their struggles, but they seem to actually be turning a corner for the better. Weaver got rocked last time around and could be amped up for some redemption vs a pathetic Padres lineup. On the other side, although Suppan has pitched well since his return to the majors, a suddenly hot Pujols has seen Suppan more than a few times in his career and has excellent numbers against him. If I had to choose, LAA is a no-brainer.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave abv 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Thanks for the help man.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

You like LA's bats?

bigjah15
    bigjah15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

They both should win

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Just flip a coin. You never know who will show up to hit for either team. My advice pick another game.

Utah_Jay
    Utah_Jay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2259

I do not trust Detroit and have chosen to avoid betting their games for the time being. Verlander was money in the past, not so much this year. Lost a good amount betting on him this season. Just my 2 cents

BathingApe
    BathingApe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 662

Other games on the board. I took bosox and cincy. I'll be fine if one cashes. But I like the chances against pettite and a offensively challenged phillies team.

stuntin909
    stuntin909's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

pitts and sd are two lowest scoring teams in the league. you have two aces going. if it weren't for the offense of these teams sucking lately these would be a lock. worth a small parlay imo.