SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

John Fina: Play Rangers

John Fina: Play Rangers

By: John Fina
    http://www.procappers.com

The Rangers are the play tonight at home against the Angels.

Today the Los Angeles Angels will do battle with the Texas Rangers. We will side with the Rangers.

The Angels were shut out at home yesterday, and now they will have to travel to Texas to take on the Rangers. We see the Rangers scoring many runs today. One reason why we see the Rangers scoring many runs today is because the Angels will send to the mound Kelvim Escobar. If there is one pitcher who you don't want pitching against the Rangers, it's Kelvim Escobar. That's because Escobar has had some big trouble when pitching against the Rangers. This is shown in his nine career starts against the Rangers where he is 2-7 with a 4.18 ERA.

If the Angles are going to win this game, they are going to need to score many runs. It's safe to say, that will not happen. Not only have the Angels bats been cold as of late (only averaging 2.5 runs per game in their last six games), but they will also have a challenge in itself facing Rangers starting pitcher Edinson Volquez.

Volquez is coming off a bad game. However, we see him coming back very strongly against the Angels. And if Volquez should get into any trouble the Rangers have a bullpen that has been pitching very well as of late (2.84 ERA in the last 10 games).

The public money is on the Angels, and we will gladly side with the Rangers at the underdog price. Take the Texas Rangers!

Play: Rangers

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Taking the team that has nothing to play for over the team that still has playoff hopes is not a good play...
    Specially when the playoff-hopeful has a better pitcher...
    I like the Angels...

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

I too like the angels....
    They will play hard

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Volquez has looked like shit and there's noway I could play the Rangers tonight.