SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marc Lawrence: Play Phillies

Marc Lawrence: Play Phillies

By: Marc Lawrence

The Phillies are the play tonight in Atlanta against the Braves in the series and season finale between the two clubs.

The Phillies send recently acquired left-hander Jamie Moyer to the hill in Atlanta against the bummed-out Braves tonight.

And bummed out is what Atlanta is after having officially been eliminated from any chance of capturing a division title after having won the honor 14-straight times. They will send Chuck James to the mound with the yound Atlanta native having won five of his previous seven starts to go with two no-decisions.

However, with Moyer in terrific KW form, look for the Braves to drop to 4-11 on Thursdays, their worst day of the week, this season.

Play: Phillies
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-21-15 at 03:53 PM. Reason: link does not work

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

James for the Braves has been really solid all year and especially in his last three starts. I am leaning towards the Braves.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would have to take a shot with the phillies in this game myself.

The braves appear to be a sinking ship right now. They have lost 3 straight games, and the Phillies has had a great deal of succuess this year against the Braves. Not to mention the Phillies are actually playing great baseball right now as well.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

James had another great outing giving up 0 run in 7 innings as Atlanta holds a 4-0 lead in the 8th. Hopefully the Braves bullpen doesn't blow this for me.