cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK's Daily Baseball Thread Leans for Wednesday 4/15/09

Get your taxes done homies! Anyway today I have a few plays that I like, but I am also going to play the 1st inning runs today, so the amounts of my side and totals wagers will be small. Anyway for today's action I am gonna ride with the big dogs...winning two of them would be like winning 6 wagers. Yum, yum Crumbs.

Marlins+160
    Rockies+180 Marquis will keep it close
    Astros/Pirates over 9+100 (Hampton is pitching & hitting)
    Padres+160
    Indians-125 HEAVY

All the 1st innings for a run to score.

That's it for me, good luck Mafia boys and girls
    Last edited by cocknocker; 04-15-09 at 12:01 PM.

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

best of luck today ck, and also nice call on the marlins yesterday

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

i dont like 2morrow games =/

Kav
    Kav's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Quote Originally Posted by alukk View Post
    i dont like 2morrow games =/
    me neither theres no real big standout games.

Skelaton4
    Skelaton4's Avatar Become A Pro!

i tailed you on all the things and i will do the first inning thing also.. lets do this..

cap10
    cap10's Avatar Become A Pro!

ck;;
    nice thread ;; folllow daily;;
    had to post and say i agree in fading 'the small bears'(cubbies) as hondo calls them;; i can see harden getting no run support again as marquis is lights out in day games;;he sucks at night tho;; gl

danrman
    danrman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

love colo.. the cubs dont want to win this series w/ the cards on deck... carpenter left the ariz. game in the 3rd inning w/ a supposed rib cage strain.. yeah right.. i bet ya he will be good to go in his next start vs the cubs.. im also playing boston/tb... the yankees have opening day next facing cliff lee... pettitte will lose vs. tb...

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tuesday was a great day, with Florida coming through and some serious luck producing late inning miracles in other games.

Wednesday:

COL @ CHN
    - I think Harden will come out strong and shut the Rockies down tomorrow, but not enough to put that (-220) ML in anything but a parlay. We'll see how the RL & total look tomorrow.

CHA @ DET(-140)
    - The White Sox have only seen Galarraga once, at the end of last year, in a relief appearance (4 pitches). He does well in day games and is very tough on RH batters (most of the CHA lineup is RH). On the other side, Contreras got beaten up badly by DET last year, and doesn't have a lot of backup in the pen.

BOS @ OAK (-108)
    - Matsuzaka forced the bullpen to put in a lot of innings on Tuesday, and with a day game following on Wednesday, I'll stick with the A's for another game. Brett Anderson had one bad inning in his last (first) start but settled down after, showing a lot of composure.

FLO (+160) @ ATL
    - Good value on taking the better team as a +160 dog... Miller is talented and has been dominant vs the Braves in the past. Lowe may pitch well, but unless he goes 9 innings, he'll have to rely on a shaky bullpen...

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by danrman View Post
    love colo.. the cubs dont want to win this series w/ the cards on deck... carpenter left the ariz. game in the 3rd inning w/ a supposed rib cage strain.. yeah right.. i bet ya he will be good to go in his next start vs the cubs.. im also playing boston/tb... the yankees have opening day next facing cliff lee... pettitte will lose vs. tb...
    So... you're saying Carpenter faked the injury to be better prepared/rested to face the Cubs five days from now?

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

early games for today:
    Col +194
    normally I would say Cubs here...but -212 ???... hell no... not even the RL is a good play here...also Marquis will give the Rockies a solid outing and at +194 I take my chances with the dog here...

Det -1 (no line yet on my book)
    Armandos first start against the CSW here today...he looked really good in his first start going 7 Innings and only allowing 1ER agains the Rangers... and we have Jose on the other side... oh boy the Tigers bat will hammer him in this one...and the Tigers bullpen wont blow it bc I need just 2 solid Innings from them with a big lead....

NYY 5 Innings
    Andy owns the Rays...3.72 ERA at Tropicana Field, 3.63 ERA overall...the other Andy today has 6+ ERA against the Yankees...

Bos/OAK over 8.5
    as much as I hate totals...I have to play that one...Wakefield is horrible out west and if Sea can put some runs on the board against Anderson the Red Sox can do the same, even if they cant hit anything right now...add in that 12 Inning game last night and the pens are empty, going a combined 18 Innings yesterday... oh yeah I like it...

still not sure about the Dbacks today...will decide later

GL today guys

Jimbo42
    Jimbo42's Avatar Become A Pro!

[quote=suicidekings;1746602]Tuesday was a great day, with Florida coming through and some serious luck producing late inning miracles in other games.

LOL... You sooo right... I won three out of four yesterday and ALL three wins were in extra innings....Heart attack city bro...

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

D Lee and Aram own Marquis..... cubs are a no play, but hard to justify taking the rockies, especially with how bad marquis pitches in wrigley

Smith
    Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

See, thats where my luck of the draw falls in. I had St. Louis and Boston both in seperate 4 game parlays last night along with Fl, Yankees, and Cinci. Had some big money coming in for hump day, but instead im getting an early start this morning picking apart the matchups. hahaa. got to love sports, anything can happen. Good luck to you guys today. I have a thread "Winners Circle" where i post my picks, be glad for you guys to give some advice. Any advice is good advice. Enjoying the thread guys.

TMajic
    TMajic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice leans yesterday CK!!

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    D Lee and Aram own Marquis..... cubs are a no play, but hard to justify taking the rockies, especially with how bad marquis pitches in wrigley
    Are you referring to the D. Lee that is hitting .143 right now and forecasting devastation by him? Ramirez sat out Monday's game against the Rockies with a bad back, and is questionable for this game.

Come on man, you're going to have to do better than that if you want to play the role of the pessimist. That's not gona make me wish I hadn't placed my money with the Rockies, homes. Matter of fact, it makes me feel BETTER that I made my wger with the Rocks!

ploben
    ploben's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Are you referring to the D. Lee that is hitting .143 right now and forecasting devastation by him? Ramirez sat out Monday's game against the Rockies with a bad back, and is questionable for this game.

Come on man, you're going to have to do better than that if you want to play the role of the pessimist. That's not gona make me wish I hadn't placed my money with the Rockies, homes. Matter of fact, it makes me feel BETTER that I made my wger with the Rocks!
    The bats start off slow, you know this, but all it takes is one game, go 4-4 or 4-5 and you are back on top. Still too early.

Am Ram is probable for today's game and has done very well against Marquis, going 8-18 from 04-09.

cocknocker

It's still gona take more than that, ploben. The explanations sound good and all, but not worth -200 something. Those explantions are based upon stilts, not concrete evidentiary proof that the Cubs should be this much of a favorite.

ploben
    ploben's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't lay that much either, the line is up around -230. RL might be worth a look.

cocknocker

I have seen enough. I am going HEAVY on the Indians-125. The line is doing what it's supposed to do.

Indians-125 HEAVY

SmackdownV
    SmackdownV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I think that the Rockies over 7 is the play here.

You know the Cubs are going to get some runs and I don't see the Rocks getting shut out twice in a row.

So a Denver guy is going to go for the bats to come out and play today.

Smacks Play today: Over(-120) 7

And: NO WAY IN HELL THE NUGGETS LOSE BY 7 TONIGHT.

SmackdownV
    SmackdownV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Point Total Over 7 (-120)
    COLORADO (J MARQUIS) vs CHICAGO CUBS (R HARDEN)
    $ 125.45 wagered to win $ 104.54 at 04/15/2009 11:54:20 AM

YES SIR!

italiano22
    italiano22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any opinions on the nats phillies game

Rizzla
    Rizzla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post

Indians-125 HEAVY
    Pretty new to MBL but -125 to win 100? you play the money line right? Live in Europe

solobass
    las vegas.
    solobass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

nearly barfing over here.......tax day never good, but literally holy freaking you know what.

mariners
    reds
    royals

no seriously, YIKES!

jgbgsox
    jgbgsox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7223

my baseball plays for 4/15
    braves -170 first 5 innings d lowe was solid in 1st start and was off to a nice start before the rain came in his last start allowing him to only go 3 innings
    phillies -134 will continue to fade the nats until they show me they know how to win a game
    giants +130 first 5 innings i like cain more then the youngster kershaw in this one just hope san fran can put up a couple of runs
    twins -140 baker's first start this year and i think he will shut down toronto and my last play im parlaying boston -108 with over 12 tex/ balt both teams have really been hitting and i don't see hendrickson or benson being able to stop the other teams offense
    any thoughts about my games are welcome

ChArRiT
    ChArRiT's Avatar Become A Pro!

anyone else liking Det -1/2 FF at -120 ?? I think Gallarraga is a Solid Pitcher... But hey.. Im 2.5k down, I need clear ideas. I appreciate it!!

cocknocker

Wrong call on the Royals solo. You should be alright on all of the rest of them. The line movement is out of your favor as well as the probability

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3457

Cocknocker.. looks like shit weather in Pitt today.. my book just brought the over down to 9 with a nice +100 on it...

ChArRiT
    ChArRiT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey CK, what do you think about Det -1/2 FF -120 ??? Do you think Gallarrada is as solid?? I need your insight man.. thanks

CUAIrish
    CUAIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Riding with you today CK, at least for the early ones. I'll revisit games later but I'm away from the computer all day.

solobass
    las vegas.
    solobass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

well CK i will take 2-1 for the day, just spend my money well! my bets were all same amount today. also
    regarding the tigers, for god sakes take the 4.5 bet not full game. white sox could light up tigers bullpen
    like a christmas tree.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3457

i took the tigers team total over 4.5 Jose Contreras (0-1, 7.20 ERA) He is 8-8 with a 4.68 ERA in 22 starts against the Tigers, but has lost his last five versus them.

Looks like it jumped up to 5 already on my book now..

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    Cocknocker.. looks like shit weather in Pitt today.. my book just brought the over down to 9 with a nice +100 on it...
    Get it, Hampton can hit and the Pirates will hit his shit!

Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

CK my book has the Padres at +165 (2.65) not -160 as you mentioned in the first post of the thread. Was it just a typo on your part?

johnnymapalo
    johnnymapalo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 928

Hmm, I got these picks so far:

Detroit ml (-175)
    Detroit +1.5 (-280)
    Detroit -1.5 (+115)

1234 ... Last