moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Brad Lidge

Wonder what live betting odds would've been before Pujols ruined his night again.

Cards down, 2 outs, and they'd probably be a heavy chalk with this complete mismatch

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

A strong case could easily be made that Lidge is the leading factor as to why the Astros will be missing the postseason this year.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Poor Lidge. Isnt Pujols the one that started this downward spiral in the first place?

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

He's probably got some Albert voodoo dolls going at this point in his career

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Is Pujols the one that started this downward spiral in the first place?
    yep It sure was.

Lidge needs a fresh start somewhere else, because that might be the one thing that could help him regain is confidence.

InSpades
    InSpades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

He might be finished. He needs a change of scenery.

IS

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Long season for sure for Astros fans, especially when Lidge is on the mound.

The funny thing is that, before last night, I believe Pujols was 2-for-11 lifetime against Lidge in the regular season. Such a funny thing, stats, though not always ha-ha funny.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee
    Long season for sure for Astros fans, especially when Lidge is on the mound.

The funny thing is that, before last night, I believe Pujols was 2-for-11 lifetime against Lidge in the regular season. Such a funny thing, stats, though not always ha-ha funny.

I think these are correct stats about Pujols vs. Lidge. In an earlier thread, I had said how Lidge used to absolutely own the Cards. As a Cardinal fan, it used to be, "Lidge is coming in. We better hope we can outlast his 6 outs". That was how the Cards use to view Lidge. We couldn't touch him.

But ever since last October when Pujols sent that blast out of the park in Houston in the NLCS, I contend that Lidge has never and I doubt will ever be the same. The best closers are mental fortresses no matter what happens to them. Some closers have fantastic stuff but are mentally fragile. Lidge fits into the latter category in my opinion. If you think about it, it is truly amazing the freefall we are witnessing with Lidge.

E

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with those of you who say that the guy needs a chance of scenery...
    Astros would be wise to trade him for whatever they can get for him...
    He needs some manager in a new team to pad him on the back and tell him: "I trust you, I trust your stuff, now get me some outs..."