CHAMPBASI
    CHAMPBASI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Al Mvp Award

What do you guys think of Santana's chances of winning the AL MVP? I know it's rare for a pitcher to win the award but it has happenned in the past. With the current odds, you can get Santana as part of the field bet at 30-1. With him still having 5 or 6 more starts, he will most likely hit the MAGIC 20 win plateau, he leads league in ERA and SO, his team will most likely make the playoffs which helps, he has won something like last 22 home starts or something ridiculous like that. What more can this guy do?

Has Jeter really done anything that special this year that he hasn't done in the past?

Here's the odds:

To Win American League MVP Money Line

12:00 Derek Jeter -150

David Ortiz +300

Jermaine Dye +500

Justin Morneau +1500

Field +3000

Vladimir Guerrero +5000

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by CHAMPBASI
    Has Jeter really done anything that special this year that he hasn't done in the past?
    That is why he's going to win.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by CHAMPBASI
    With him still having 5 or 6 more starts...
    I'm thinking three more starts, four at the most. Depends what the Twins do with the one remaining off day on Sep 18th.

He's slated for this Friday (Sep 18th in Cleveland), then could get the call on Sept 20th (in Boston), Sep 25th (at home vs Royals) and once that last weekend at home versus the White Sox.

He fits the bill of 'most valuable' to me, but I seriously doubt the writers will see it that way.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

He'll win the Cy Young...
    Writers are usually hesitant to give out MVP's to players that play 1 every 5 games... thats just the way it is...
    I see how you could make a case for him to win it but I just dont see it happening...