gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Friday picks ( 103-89 +18.67 )

YTD should read 103-87 +18.67 Off a 3-3 day, down -1.11. Second losing day in a row.

Nationals -.5 (1st 5) -125 risk .50

Nationals -1 -126 risk .50

Strasburg is finally healthy and is throwing like the Cy young winner you know he will be one day if he can stay off the DL. His strikeout to walk ratio is just phenomenal, 34 Ks to just 6 walks, his Whip numbers are below 1 and he is 2-0 with a 1.13 ERA to start the season.

If the Phillies were playing like they were to start the season I would probably put more on this game, but they are pretty hot and coming off a good series with Atlanta. Kendrick hasnt pitched alot of innings this season in the starter role but has to step up here with Cliff Lee hurt. He had a decent outing against the Cubs but was shelled by Arizona, you have to go with the surprising nationals here and one of the best pitchers in baseball on the mound.

Diamondbacks -.5 (1st 5) -111 .50

Diamondbacks/Mets u8 -125 risk 1.25

I like getting Miley here against the Mets who were just swept by the Astros. Miley has really stepped up here in the starting rotation and is now 3-0 with a 1.29 ERA, whip below 1 and all this going up against some pretty good hitters as well. I definitely think we will see alot more of this kid even when Hudson gets healthy. Gee is coming off a very good year last year but has been pretty inconsistent this year, alternating solid starts and a few shaky ones. Worth a punt on this first five for an up and coming pitcher like Miley.

Cardinals -1 -120 risk 1.2

Yankees -1 -137 risk 1.37

Red sox -1 -113 risk 2.26

Jays +111 risk .50

Marlins -1 +109 risk .50
    Last edited by gregm; 05-04-12 at 11:40 AM.

vrksayy
    vrksayy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on the Nats, too, but I opted for a parlay by hoping Bal can reverse history at fenway tonight by tallying one loss on Lester's record against them in previous outings when the orioles lacked an efficient lineup that backed a rather solid pitching rotation led by a duo of young hopefuls named arrieta and chen.

gregm

Good luck Vrksayy. The wind blowing in at Wrigley and most likely a low scoring game, Maholm has atrocious career numbers against the dodgers but is a pretty solid pitcher stat wise when you take into consideration who he has played for in his career. He had a few rough starts to the year but has settled down and thrown some good games against the Philliies and Reds in his last two outings.

Billingsley has never given up more than 2 earned runs at wrigley but he is only 2-2 at wrigley and the Dodgers numbers on the road are not that impressive this year despite their great start. If the Cubs can keep it close in a low scoring game, we may have a shot here. This may not be a very popular pick on the boards but when you are getting the wind blowing in at wrigley and the home team with a run and a half handicap at -140, I am going to take a punt at this number.

Cubs +1.5 -140 risk 1.4

gregm

Rays -1 -142 risk 2.48

You are getting a banged up A's ending up a long road trek facing the best home team in baseball and Price on the mound. The A's starter Ross is off a shelling where he gave up 9 runs and 11 hits in just 4 innings.

Price is throwing for the Rays and is off to a phenomenal start, going 4-1 and an era of 2.67 and is 3-0 with a 1.71 ERA facing teams like Texas at Texas, the Angels and the Blue jays in Toronto. The A's are missing Crisp and you may want to check status of Weeks and Suzuki closer to game time but I dont think it will matter in Tampa facing Price.