Betpoints: 4818

monday bases

Favorites (9-7)(+0.76)
    Underdogs (5-3)(+2.78)
    Runlines (0-1)(-1.05)
    Totals (2-0)(+2.00)
    Parlays (4-3)(+2.97)

For The Season (20-14)(+7.46)

6-2 on Sunday picking up 4.41 units. I tried a couple of totals and won both of them. We are now getting to the point where pitchers will have a couple of starts under their belts and we have more to go on. That first week of the season is mostly gut feelings as you don’t have much else to go with other than previous years matchups. I am very pleased with the first week of the season. I am in the plus and my Phillies who always start out cold are 3-3. I know that does not sound good, but for them it is.

Sometimes these first games of a series are the toughest days to play, but I will give it a shot. Here are Monday’s Moneymakers.

Parlay risking 1 unit to win 1.37 units

Mets over San Diego
    Dodgers over San Fran

Two superior teams playing at home vs two inferior teams playing on the road. Going against Ranydy Johnson is always a slight concern, but he just does not cause the fear in batters he used to. San Diego is a fade most of this year. Unfortunately they will be huge dogs most of the season, so you will see them fading them in parlays all year long.

Washington +104 vs Phillies………I hate going against my Phillies, but this is the perfect spot to do it. Jamie Moyer has been a solid pitcher for many, many years and it is a small miracle that he has done it so long and been effective. One of these years the bottom is going to fal out and I have a feeling it is this year. He has never been known to throw hard, usually in the 80-85 mph range, but I have read he is down to the low 70’s now. He may just become a batting practice pitcher. Even though the Nats suck and have not won this year yet, they are playing hard. Even the worst teams in the league are going to win some games. They say every team wins a third of their games, loses a third of their games and it is the other third that determines where you finish in the standings. Nats playing at home today and I think they are going to put some runs on the board vs Moyer. Only way the Phillies win today is if they can 8-10 runs up themselves. Solid live home dog here.

Over 9.5 (-105) Phillies/Washington……….Just read the above post. This one should sail over the total.

Detroit -119 vs White Sox………….I really believe the Tigers are a very talented team and will win a lot of games this year. Zach Miner was solid in this earlier start and the tigers can put runs on the board. Gavin Floyd is all or nothing, at least he was when he was with the Phillies. One day you think he could be a number one or two pitcher on a staff and the next day wonder how he ever got out of the minor leagues. The Phils for years refused to trade this guys and many teams wanted him, but they finally let go as he just never lived up to that great potential he had. Sox have not been hitting the ball all that well either, so I don’t think the tigers will need a lot to get this win.

Tampa Bay -128 vs Yankees………….Many people have jumped off the Rays bandwagon already, not me. They are at home playing the always over-rated, over-valued, under-achieving Yankees. Maybe that outburst by the Rays Sunday will get them moving in the right direction. Everybody has to get over their fear of going against the mighty Yankees.

Texas -118 vs Baltimore……….I love this game too. I think Baltimore is going to be one of the worst teams in baseball this year. Padilla (another former Phillies) is very capable when he is on of throwing a gem. Texas also pounds the ball at home. I don’t know how this line is this low. I am all over it.

Minnesota -120 vs Toronto……………Toronto is another one of those teams who has talent, but hardly ever plays up to it’s potential. For some reason I love to bet Minnesota at home as a small favorite no matter who they are playing. Pitching advantage favorts Toronto, but I like that Minny magic at home in this one.

Geez! Eight games on Sunday and another seven bets on Monday. What can I say? I like them and if I had to narrow it down to say four games I would have a hard time deciding which four I like best. I think that is another reason I play all my plays just for one unit instead of like in other sports where I have two and three unit plays.

Good Luck Everybody!!

jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Great job yesterday Jill. I have some disagreements in your post above. I think the Mets will win, but Sad Diego is hot right now. I don't know about the fade them all year strategy. I also think Baltimore will be better than you believe. I'm not playing any of the games you've got so good luck. Hope you go 7-0.

Vince Carter
    Vince Carter's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol detroit sucks and will not win a lot of games this year

padilla gives up lots of runs and isn't a pitcher you can trust your money with