CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Weaver and Haren partied their faces off

Hours after he no-no'd the Minnesota Twins, 29-year-old Weaver and fellow Angels pitcher Dan Haren cruised over to the Goat Hill Tavern in nearby Costa Mesa ... and partied their faces off with a bunch of Halos fans.

One source at the bar tells us ... "They were totally cool. They were singing!!!! They let people take pics. Mostly just talking and joking with fans the whole night while they were drinking."

And guess who pitches tonight??? Mr. Haren. Shit, I really like the under too

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

some pitchers do better while intoxicated or under the influence. not to mention hung over from the night before where they partied like rockstars

look for Haren to shut down the jays tonight
    Last edited by ridims; 05-03-12 at 02:21 PM.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

To be honest drinking the night before a baseball game doesn't mean shit.

The game is played at night anyway, pretty much a non-factor. Don't forget David Wells' hungover perfect game

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    Don't forget David Wells' hungover perfect game
    Haha good point.

I'm not to worried about it really, but if he gets ate up tonight.... smh

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Jays are about to make.a major run.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I wish I trusted Morrow. Jays' pen is awful too.

If this were a day game, I would've pounded Toronto.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

If this were a day game, I would've pounded Toronto.
    Rmemeber Toronto had to travel to LAA after a nooner yestaurday. A day game wouldnt have helped then win imo especially with the time difference.

I like there chances tonight especially when i'm not convinced that LAA has there cofidence in O yet. If Morrow can hit his spots its a complete game shutout no question.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    he doesn't give up much but when he does.... KABOOM

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

motherfkker brought back down to earth. how about them jays bats??

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Dock Ellis said he threw his perfect game on acid...
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-24-14 at 10:25 AM.

MarkTX
    MarkTX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dock Ellis said he threw his perfect game on acid...[/QUOTE]

HOLY SHIT!! THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!

Ellis pitched a no-hitter against the San Diego Padres on June 12, 1970. He would admit in 1984 to being under the influence of LSD throughout the course of the game.[2] Ellis had taken the drug under the impression that he had the day off. Ellis boarded a shuttle flight to the ballpark and threw a no-hitter, despite not being able to feel the ball or see the batter or catcher clearly.[3] Ellis said that catcher Jerry May wore reflective tape on his fingers, which helped Ellis to see his signals. Ellis walked eight batters and struck out six, and was aided by excellent fielding plays by second baseman Bill Mazeroski and center fielder Matty Alou.[4] Because the no-hitter was the first game of a double header, Ellis was forced to keep track of the pitch count for the night game.[5]
    As Ellis recounted it:
    I can only remember bits and pieces of the game. I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria. I was zeroed in on the (catcher's) glove, but I didn't hit the glove too much. I remember hitting a couple of batters, and the bases were loaded two or three times. The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the catcher, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes, I tried to stare the hitter down and throw while I was looking at him. I chewed my gum until it turned to powder. I started having a crazy idea in the fourth inning that Richard Nixon was the home plate umpire, and once I thought I was pitching a baseball to Jimi Hendrix, who to me was holding a guitar and swinging it over the plate. They say I had about three to four fielding chances. I remember diving out of the way of a ball I thought was a line drive. I jumped, but the ball wasn't hit hard and never reached me

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I'd love to track down video of this game. Thanks for the post btw...I liked Toronto and went big on them when I saw this (although it's prob not why haren lost)

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTX View Post

HOLY SHIT!! THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!

Ellis pitched a no-hitter against the San Diego Padres on June 12, 1970. He would admit in 1984 to being under the influence of LSD throughout the course of the game.[2] Ellis had taken the drug under the impression that he had the day off. Ellis boarded a shuttle flight to the ballpark and threw a no-hitter, despite not being able to feel the ball or see the batter or catcher clearly.[3] Ellis said that catcher Jerry May wore reflective tape on his fingers, which helped Ellis to see his signals. Ellis walked eight batters and struck out six, and was aided by excellent fielding plays by second baseman Bill Mazeroski and center fielder Matty Alou.[4] Because the no-hitter was the first game of a double header, Ellis was forced to keep track of the pitch count for the night game.[5]
    As Ellis recounted it:
    I can only remember bits and pieces of the game. I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria. I was zeroed in on the (catcher's) glove, but I didn't hit the glove too much. I remember hitting a couple of batters, and the bases were loaded two or three times. The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the catcher, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes, I tried to stare the hitter down and throw while I was looking at him. I chewed my gum until it turned to powder. I started having a crazy idea in the fourth inning that Richard Nixon was the home plate umpire, and once I thought I was pitching a baseball to Jimi Hendrix, who to me was holding a guitar and swinging it over the plate. They say I had about three to four fielding chances. I remember diving out of the way of a ball I thought was a line drive. I jumped, but the ball wasn't hit hard and never reached me
    I would love to see that live LOL

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    I'd love to track down video of this game. Thanks for the post btw...I liked Toronto and went big on them when I saw this (although it's prob not why haren lost)
    I liked Toronto(small) and the UNDER (big). Wished I would of pulled the trigger on Toronto.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Here is the video of that dock ellis game-