SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

L.T. Profit Sports Group - Angels

By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    http://www.who2beton.com
    The Angels and White Sox get after it in a rematch of the '05 ALCS, and the Halos have the advantage tonight at home.

The Angels have caught fire going 7-1 in their last eight games, and we look for that momentum to continue tonight as they simultaneously stick a dagger in the White Sox' playoff hopes.

John Lackey has turned things around after a couple of shaky outings, allowing a total of just four runs in 13-1/3 innings over his last two starts. He also has four quality starts in his last six appearances vs. the White Sox, allowing two runs or less in all four of those quality efforts. He is backed by an Angels bullpen that has now moved up to ninth in the Major Leagues in pen ERA.

Jose Contreras has gone south for the White Sox after a long unbeaten streak, and he is now just 5-5 with a high 4.63 ERA on the road this season. Furthermore Chicago is just 2-6 as a team in his last eight road starts. Granted he has pitched well in his last two starts, but those outings came vs. Kansas City and a depleted Boston lineup. He is catching an Angel team here that is batting a solid .285 vs. right-handed pitching the last 10 games.

Play: Angels -125
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 08-05-14 at 04:25 PM.

SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Angels to top ChiSox

Angels to top ChiSox

By: Larry Ness

The Angels, behind right-hander John Lackey, are the play tonight in their home tilt against the visiting Chicago White Sox who send slumping right-hander Jose Contreras to the hill.

The last two times Jose Contreras has faced the Angels in Anaheim, he's gone 8.1 innings gaining a 2-1 win and throwing a complete game 6-3 win. Howev er, those appearances were in April of this year and in last year's Game 5 of the ALCS, respectively.

Contreras saw his 17-game winning streak stopped by the Yankees back on 7/11 and, including that game, is just 2-7 with a 5.13 ERA over his last 11 starts (team is 3-8). With that in mind, I'm backing the surging Angels here, who have won seven of their last eight and I'll go against Contreras and the Sox, who have dropped seven of their last 11 road games.

John Lackey goes for the Angels and although he hasn't won at home since July 14, the Angels have won in each of his last three home starts. In his last start at home vs Baltimore, Lackey went seven innings, allowing just one run. He is also 3-0 with a 2.65 ERA in his last five regular season meetings with the White Sox. Take the Angels.

Play: Angels
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 08-05-14 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Link is not working-Removed-)

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Must win for the White Sox...
    I like Contreras to play well when it counts...
    Close game but I like Chicago as a doggie 2nit...