survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

the point of this thread was to stimulate discussion of some value plays. i didn't tail any of these picks, but i appreciate the thread just because it's interesting to read some thoughts from other bettors. regardless of whether you chose to tail or fade, it's always good to learn from some of the few knowledgeable posters on SBR that provide some insight

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I've never claimed to be an expert. The games I posted were 3-for-4 on beating the closer (and like I said, Seattle -- the one that didn't -- had the win in their hands). In the end, that's all you can really ask for before the first pitch. Unfortunately, this wasn't a day for that.

If you took the Red Sox and Rangers despite the 20 cent line moves against you, well, good luck winning long-term that way.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Underdogs were hitting 60% before today in MLB for the month of April. 60%.
    You are kidding right?

As of end of 04/27/12, All dogs 105-163 = 39%

I posted my thoughts on five games. I never said "play them or else." I never said "tail them because they're locks." Twins cashed. Royals were rained out. A's and Jays were duds. Mariners flat-out choked.

It's easy to post this after the fact, SASH. If you don't like the threads or the thoughts, ignore them. I've said it before: we have idiots posting "this is a lock" or "sure thing" and a bunch of other bullshit around here 24/7. Why people are bothered by my leans I will never understand.

If you're tailing these plays blindly -- or any plays blindly -- I'm sorry, but you get what you deserve. I'm not going to apologize for posting plays that I see value in. Until yesterday, I had been cashing dogs left and right in my thread. Now I have two bad days and suddenly I'm an idiot for playing dogs. Unreal.
    You post your thoughts on everything, every 5 minutes. It seems you can't have a single thought without posting it in a new thread. You are one of the worst spammers in this place, but it is traffic so all good as far as SBR is concerned. Unfortunately some people may actually think you know what your talking about, but it is all whore shit.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    You are kidding right?

You post your thoughts on everything, every 5 minutes. It seems you can't have a single thought without posting it in a new thread. You are one of the worst spammers in this place, but it is traffic so all good as far as SBR is concerned. Unfortunately some people may actually think you know what your talking about, but it is all whore shit.
    Completley agree with you Matl

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You are kidding right?

I should say dogs are 60% on RL plays. I misread the statement.

How did I know you would chime in? You'd rather constantly respond than just ignore me for whatever reason. Here you are -- again. Surprise, surprise. Can't quit it, can't stay away.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    Completley agree with you Matl
    Again, it's amazing to me that -- given all of the bullshit that is posted here at SBR -- I get singled out for posting about games and picks. But whatever. I don't understand why you guys can't just ignore my threads. That's what I do when it comes to posters I don't want to read. Not only do you read my stuff, but you feel the need to respond. I don't get it.

SASH

I've never claimed to be an expert. The games I posted were 3-for-4 on beating the closer (and like I said, Seattle -- the one that didn't -- had the win in their hands). In the end, that's all you can really ask for before the first pitch. Unfortunately, this wasn't a day for that.

If you took the Red Sox and Rangers despite the 20 cent line moves against you, well, good luck winning long-term that way.
    Your kidding right?? I've been destroying the mlb for longer than you know friend. There are those who know of my pedigree

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

they're always there when you lose. when you win they have nothing to say.

sbr=scumbag nation

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Your kidding right?? I've been destroying the mlb for longer than you know friend. There are those who know of my pedigree
    No, I'm not kidding. You keep betting faves that open at -160 and close at -140 or open at -140 and close at -120 and see where it gets you. If you have success long-term doing that, well, I'd love to see an actual thread of tracked plays. Because I don't buy it.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    they're always there when you lose. when you win they have nothing to say.

sbr=scumbag nation
    I've been doing great for over two weeks straight in my thread, I have a bad day, and here they are. Go figure.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

ralphie and greenhippo are probably jacking off to this thread. whatever happened today with your picks, tomorrow can only be better. I know ill have an 0-8 streak at some point Im just thankful it hasn't happened yet

SASH

No, I'm not kidding. You keep betting faves that open at -160 and close at -140 or open at -140 and close at -120 and see where it gets you. If you have success long-term doing that, well, I'd love to see an actual thread of tracked plays. Because I don't buy it.
    14-6 in the individual threads ive created this mlb season (this includes straight wagers and parlays. Almost all of the 6 loses Ive given you have been in 2 and 3 team mlb parlays). Up a shitload. MLB is my thing

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

14-6 in the individual threads ive created this mlb season (this includes straight wagers and parlays. Almost all of the 6 loses Ive given you have been in 2 and 3 team mlb parlays). Up a shitload. MLB is my thing
    Cool. Start a thread.

How many of those 14 wins were when you bet on a team that had 20 cents shaved off the ML from the opening number?

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

I should say dogs are 60% on RL plays. I misread the statement.

How did I know you would chime in? You'd rather constantly respond than just ignore me for whatever reason. Here you are -- again. Surprise, surprise. Can't quit it, can't stay away.
    Pay attention next time. I didn't see anyone mention RL plays.

And I don't constantly respond, that would be a full time job in itself. However when I come across one of your threads, i'm not going to suck your rooster, but I am going to point out how useless your posts are.

SASH

Pay attention next time. I didn't see anyone mention RL plays.

And I don't constantly respond, that would be a full time job in itself. However when I come across one of your threads, i'm not going to suck your rooster, but I am going to point out how useless your posts are.
    exactly, nowhere did i mention run-line. Its amazing how some people here tailor and completely mis-quote what the other person said simply to fit their own argument knowing full well its not based in fact

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

First 12