SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Royals at Red Sox - Sep 10th

Red Sox to avoid sweep

By: Ben Burns

Look for Boston to put forth an inspired effort today against Kansas City as the Red Sox avert what would be a Royal embarrassment of a sweep.

The Royals are an awful 15-33 in day games. Additionally, Royals starter Mark Redman is 1-8 with a 7.92 ERA and 1.980 WHIP in 10 starts vs. Boston.

Boston will send Julian Tavarez to the mound for just his second start of the season, and the right-hander is coming off a decent start earlier this week against a potent White Sox lineup. Tavarez allowed just two runs in 6-plus innings in a 3-2 Boston win.

The Red Sox have really been struggling recently. However, we can expect an inspired effort this afternoon as they rise to the occasion and avoid the embarrassing sweep.

Play: Red Sox
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-21-15 at 04:00 PM. Reason: link does not work

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel the royals could be the play in this game. I think they can hit Taverez hard today.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Don't know what was more surprising, the fact that Boston was able to string together some runs or the fact that the relievers pitched just short of 4 scoreless innings.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Royals might have lost today, but they have had a very nice run as of late. I said it before, and i'll say it again... This Royals team should be pertty decent down the streach in regards to a money maker.