Anybody else like this?

Squirrel Kokomo
    Squirrel Kokomo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Why do you like it?

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

Both pitchers capable of giving up that many runs in one bad inning. Also, they have bad career numbers against opponent. Probably means final will be 1-0 but I think it will be more like 6-4.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

I see 3-1 game. gl

Squirrel Kokomo
    Squirrel Kokomo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

I know WHIP is becoming a stat of the past and some advanced stats are much more telling, but Jackson's 0.84 WHIP might be more telling than his 4+ ERA, and the Padres don't exactly have a stellar lineup (dead last in batting average at .211). These stats might point towards the under. However Jackson is 0-3 5.16 ERA in his 3 career starts against the Padres and coming off of a bad start against the Astros where he allowed 5 earned in 5 innings. Volquez is also 1-1 with a 9+ ERA in 2 outings against the Nationals. Those stats would point towards the over.

The funny thing is that it doesn't seem like it, to me at least, but the Padres Over/Under record is 9-8, although the National's is 6-12. I don't see much of a trend/angle here, and the sample size is small.

I don't think I'm making a bet on this, just wanted to give a few pieces of info for those that might.