accuscore
    accuscore's Avatar Become A Pro!

2009 MLB Side Value Plays

This will be my thread of 2009 MLB moneyline picks that have side value.

Usually I prefer underdogs, but there aren't a lot of big dogs on the board today.

Atlanta -103
    Florida -142
    Arizona -146

Atlanta is my favorite pick. Moyer had a 6.55 ERA in two starts against Atlanta last year, while Jurrjens had a 3.33 ERA in four starts against Philly last year.

DFoster
    DFoster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Are you using accuscores side value picks based on their simulation based win percetage possibilty or are you using your own numbers here?

accuscore

Going with the AccuScore sims to get side value.

accuscore

2-1 yesterday. Today's picks:

Toronto -128
    St Louis -152
    Florida -132
    Tampa Bay +138

Also, a game that isn't a side value play, but that I am leaning towards is Milwaukee -109 over the Giants. Yovani Gallardo was strong out of the gate last year, with a 1.88 ERA in four starts before going down for the season with an injury. Randy Johnson has gotten off to a slow start in the last three years, with his best April yielding a 4.71 ERA. I'm guessing the veteran lefty will take longer to get in to season form, which could be trouble against the Brewers offense today. Combine Gallardo's talent to shut down a weak Giants offense (no, I don't give them much credit for beating up on Jeff Suppan yesterday), and Johnson's slow start, and I love the value of the Brewers.

accuscore

2-2 yesterday, including winning Tampa Bay +138. Total is 4-3 for +81.27 units at 100 units per game.

Today's games:

LAD -141
    CWS -152
    Bos -144

On the Dodgers: Aside from the fact that I think Clayton Kershaw is going to have a breakout season, I love this pitching matchup. This is mainly due to Kevin Correia. Correia has a career 4.31 ERA as a reliever, but is worse as a starter, with a 4.78 ERA.

On the Red Sox: Matt Garza had a breakout year last year, but not against the Red Sox. In four starts against Boston, Garza had a 4.50 ERA. Meanwhile, Daisuke Matsuzaka had a 3.00 ERA in three starts against the Rays last year, creating a favorable matchup tonight.