SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Philadelphia Phillies (115)

Philadelphia Phillies (115)

Both these squads are in the thick of the NL wild Card race sitting just 3 games in back of the San Diego Padres.

Marlins rookie Jason Johnson has been getting hit harder with every passing start, and I foresee the meat and potatoes of the Phills line-up really giving him trouble this evening. Lieber's been masterful his L/6 starts only surrendering 12 earned runs in 44 innings of work, and he was shelled by the Fish in his most recent start against them. Look for him to be out for redemption tonight.

This is a huge series for both these squads with San Diego and San Francisco hooking up for three this weekend. The winner here will gain ground, on the Pads since SF has been playing some great ball at home of late.

This is also a fade of the young Marlins who must have done all sorts of celebrating last night after Anibal Sanchez no-hit the D'Backs. Their adrenaline had to of been pumping in the wee hours of the night, and I'm almost certain a few of the guys that participated in the game saw the sunrise.

Game Time: 9/7/2006 7:05:00 PM

Play: Philadelphia Phillies

By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really like the Phillies tonight along with the over.