SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

St. Louis Cardinals (-105)

St. Louis Cardinals (-105)

The Diamondbacks were no-hit by Anibal Sanchez of Florida last night, and while those things happen infrequently, the concern here is that Arizona has not been hitting well as a team for some time now.

In fact the Snakes have a team batting average of .221 over their last 10 games, including a pathetic .201 vs. right-handed pitching. That should make the job easier for St. Louis starter Jeff Weaver, who has actually pitched much better since returning to the National League. The last time that Weaver faced Arizona, he limited the D-Backs to just two runs and five hits in eight innings while pitching for the Dodgers last season.

Now Miguel Batista has always pitched better at home than on the road and he does have a winning 5-2 record here this season. However he has really not pitched as good as that record would indicate, as he own a 4.96 home ERA with a poor 1.71 WHIP. Batista has been bailed out by some nice run support this season, but that does not figure to be the case tonight the way Arizona is hitting right now.

Game Time: 9/7/2006 9:40:00 PM

Play: St. Louis Cardinals.

By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    http://www.who2beton.com

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I happen to like the d'backs in this spot myself.

jeff weaver is pitching tonight, so you know they will get hits tonight.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like St Louis tonight...

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

i will never lay a nickel of juice on jeff weaver, batista pitched a good one last time out......dont see much value either way

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by scottyy11
    i will never lay a nickel of juice on jeff weaver, batista pitched a good one last time out......dont see much value either way
    I couldn't agree more and that's why I will pass on this one.