thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

This is so ridiculous it sounds made up almost. I guess its ozzie bein ozzie. The espn interview will b must see tv.

Chicken_Man
    Chicken_Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1001

How many tens of thousands did Castro line up and murder? The cuban-americans that live in south fla fled that oppression, left behind relatives, lost family. Oh man. Obomba will have a job for Ozzie at least or maybe he can be the baseball analyst on Msnbc.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess my problem is the fact that these people fled cuba so they could get away from opression and so they COULD have freedom and freedom of speech. Now they want to protest someone because he used that freedom to say something. You can't have it both ways. Its not like many cubans go to the games down here, hell its not like anyone goes to the games down here unless daddy yankee or pitbull is playing after the game.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

che che che!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who cares what he said

Its about winning games

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Who cares what he said

Its about winning games

Tell that to community that this team is targeted for and lives all around the stadium....

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Who cares what he said

Its about winning games
    Not really. It's about getting Cubans "to the games".

jjgold

Cubans to poor to go to the games
    Wrong market

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

He can admire whoever the fukk he wants

Living The Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    He can admire whoever the fukk he wants
    I agree.. but watch the circus that the local Cubans will put on at this press conference.. I just hope security will be sufficient

Living The Dream

Wrong market
    I agree. This team shouldn't even be in Miami and they went and built a new stadium?!?!? Really?!?!?! What a disaster it will be there..

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Wrong market

JJ being JJ

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    hmmm... Ozzie Guillen won't be at the game... He is flying back to Miami
    press conference at 930. this is a huge deal. owners must have told him, you have to make this shit right.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13581

Spent 13 yrs in So Fla in the 80's. Wouldn't surprise me if someone took a shot at him. I don't think he lasts the week. mayor already basically asked that he be fired. Dead Dope Walking.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    The actor that plays him is a Jew from Jersey.
    Then that commercial is a fraud.

We all know Jews are not interesting.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken_Man View Post

How many tens of thousands did Castro line up and murder?

And Castro's Executioner was Che' - Che' would line-up the doctors, poets & academicians then gun them down

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

jerry reinsdorf owner of white sox and chicago bulls /put up w/ozzie for quite a while didnt he/2nd. fla.ownership has publicly echoed what ozzie said about castro /3rd. cuba wouldnt even stiil exist if not for russian economic aid /def. ozzie put both feet in his mouth /this news conference will be v.i.p./very surprised if owner eats that 4 yr. contract /

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

fuk that communist

I guess when you spend that long on the south side of Chicago that's what you turn into

Sam Odom

Let's be honest... Minority Managers can get away with most ANYTHING , PC or not

Think of Dusty

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

guess you guys just heard on espn/fla. team owner has suspended ozzte for 5 games

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post

guess you guys just heard on espn/fla. team owner has suspended ozzte for 5 games

not enough to satisfy the Boat-Lift Mob

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Does Ozie Guillen cry?

Yes -200
    No +130

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    didnt know people couldnt have opinions. I remember when marge schott or whatever her name was from the reds said hitler was awesome..
    She did have an opinion and baseball had to suspend and eventually get rid of her. She was a miserable, big mouth, racist asshole.

On November 13, 1992, Charles "Cal" Levy, a former marketing director for the Reds, stated in a deposition for Tim Sabo, a former employee, who was suing the team that he'd heard Schott refer to then-Reds outfielders Eric Davis and Dave Parker as "million-dollar ni**ers."[3] Sabo, whose position was "team controller," alleged that his 1991 firing was due to testifying against her in another lawsuit brought against Schott by several limited partners and because he opposed the unwritten policy of not hiring blacks. Schott's countersuit alleged that Sabo wrote unauthorized cheques to himself and paid health insurance premiums to retired front-office employees. She asked for $25,000 in damages for defamation. Sabo ultimately lost his suit.

Levy, who is Jewish, alleged that Schott kept a Nazi swastika armband at her home and claims he overheard her say "sneaky goddamn Jews are all alike."[3] The next day, Schott issued a statement saying the claims of racism levied against her were overstated and that she did not mean to offend anyone with her statement or her ownership of the armband. Schott explained that the swastika armband had been her late husband's. During his World War II service he had saved a fellow soldier's life. In gratitude for this act the soldier had given him the souvenir Nazi armband as a token of appreciation. Schott kept the armband as a remembrance of her husband's bravery and service.

On November 29, Schott said the "million dollar ni**ers" comment was made in jest, but then stated that she felt that Adolf Hitler was initially good for Germany and did not understand how the epithet "Jap" could be offensive.

During the same season, a former Oakland Athletics executive assistant, Sharon Jones, is quoted in the New York Times as having overheard Schott state: "I would never hire another ni**er. I'd rather have a trained monkey working for me than a ni**er," before the start of an owners' conference call.[4]

A four-man committee was convened to investigate Schott. On February 3, 1993, she was fined $250,000 and banned from day-to-day operations of the Reds for the 1993 season. John Allen took over as managing partner. Schott returned to work on November 1.

On May 18, 1994, during a speech before the Ohio County Treasurers Association, Schott commented that she did not want her players to wear earrings because "only fruits wear earrings."[5] She said, "I was raised to believe that men wearing earrings are fruity."[5] Up to 1999, the Reds had a long-standing rule prohibiting players from having facial hair.[2] The rule was rescinded after a discussion between Schott and newly-acquired outfielder Greg Vaughn.

In 1995, Schott famously announced in the middle of the season that manager Davey Johnson would not return, regardless of how well the Reds did. By all accounts, this was because of a personality clash between Johnson and Schott. Most notably, Schott did not approve of Johnson living with his fiancée before they were married later in the year.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

I'm watching Ozzie's presser right now on MLB.tv

Ozzie trying to sell us he's not this lunatic he's made out to be.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

In case if you haven't found it, follow Daniel tosh on twitter and go to the hashtag, '#ozzieguillenmisquotes. Hilarious!!!

I'd still have beers with that guy.

Living The Dream

While the Marlins had to do something how can baseball say they approve this when I have a vision in my head of a few years ago of Bud Selig sitting side by side Fidel Castro smiling watching the Orioles play Cuba National Team in Cuba?!?!?

I also hate the free speech issue here. Just because you can say what you want here doesn't mean there isn't any repercussions. It just means you won't be prosecuted....

Bud Selig should have stayed out of this, he is a joke!

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Go fukk yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Fidel is a hero to all. He had made his land better for his people. Only if everyone could have his mindset , the world would be a better place. G*d Bless Fidel

Robber

Lol of course he will they. Can't fire him after giving that contract hell be there for at least a year
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    He's not recovering from this.
    You just can't say what Ozzie said about Castro in Miami.
    Trust me, Oz doesn't make it to Friday

Robber

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    In case if you haven't found it, follow Daniel tosh on twitter and go to the hashtag, '#ozzieguillenmisquotes. Hilarious!!!

I'd still have beers with that guy.
    Id have beers with any guy if they're paying

jjgold

SBR posters only interested in Marlins covering

Lets not kid ourselves and pretend e care

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

sounds like the marlins skipper needs attention

Elysee26
    Elysee26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 646

Why doesn't Ozzie move to Cuba and coach??

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

"Cubans to poor to go to the games
    Wrong market"

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    I agree. This team shouldn't even be in Miami and they went and built a new stadium?!?!? Really?!?!?! What a disaster it will be there..

Those Illegal Cubans run Miami so I dont know wtf you guys are talking about. They have money!

First 12