gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Monday picks (19-17 +5.77)

Phillies -147 risk 1.47

I'll take this number with a vet like Hamels in the home opener irregardless of the Phils missing Utley and Howard and their hitting woes, but their bullpen does worry me even if Hamels leaves with a lead. This line is obviously a reflection of the offense the Phillies has shown and the hitting woes are pretty significant. Mayberry had a horrible spring , Galvis, Wiggington, Pence, there are some weak links here hitting wise and that bullpen is always a question mark.

Hamels has the experience here and hopefully the bullpen can show up here for the Phillies. Hamels has been pitching later into games but that middle relief for the phils need to step up here. Hamels had a great year last year and went 4-2 in day games. He went 14-9 last year with an ERA below 3, and his cutter against right handed hitters was just deadly. His groundball numbers were superb last year, and he was 2-0 with a 2.48 ERA against the marlins in 2011.

The Phils dominated the marlins overall last year, of course this is a new look to the marlins and the marlins were banged up last year and this is certainly not the Phillies you expect to see at the start of the year, but you know you will see a great environment at citizens bank park on opening day and Hamels is the right guy here to start it off.

Sanchez is just 3-8 with an ERA around 5 against Philadelphia, and missed some time in spring training with some soreness in his right shoulder. Sanchez had awful numbers last year after july, going 2-7 after the all star game.

I will be on that first 5 inning philies number most likely, strange line even with Phillys poor showing so far.

Yankees -147 risk 1.47

Brewers -126 risk 1.26

Blue Jays -116 risk 1.16

gregm

Another unit on phillies -146 risk 1.46 . This line just keeps dropping but I am going to sleep. Hamels and citizens bank park on opening day, should be a great game

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you're so concerned about the bullpen maybe a 5 inning play would be the way to go here.

I do agree Phillies probably win this one.

gregm

I thought about the first 5 inning wager warrior but I havent shown good numbers over the years on those wagers. The last few years bullpens have just been killing me, but that 6th and 7th inning is when alot of home teams can key on visitors middle relief and a starting pitcher wearing down and getting to the top of a pitch count.

You start to see the ball alot better, middle relief is a sore spot for alot of teams as well, not just for the Phillies. Bell may be an impressive closer for the marlins but you still have to get there, I am hoping Sanchez continues to struggle and the Phillies offense will wake up here in their home opener.

Adding

Yankees -1 -127 risk 1.27

Angels -1 -127 risk 2.54

Rangers -1 -176 risk 1.76

Cardinals +101 risk 1

Brewers/Cubs under 4.5 first 5 innings -120 risk 3.60
    Last edited by gregm; 04-09-12 at 02:51 PM.