gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Friday picks (4-2 +4.70)

Rangers -1.5 +100 risk 2

I havent shown good numbers on my sheets for Lewis over last year at least but the Rangers have been one of the few profitable teams I have had on the run line from looking at my records, especially at home. The Rangers really should have a good chance to win it all this year with this offense even though they may have a tougher division with the Angels and Pujols this year. Lewis had a decent year last year going 14-10, his strikeout rate went down last year but he has improved his control and his walk rate and his whip numbers are pretty good.

You always have to take into consideration when looking at stats what kind of park these guys throw in, Arlington is a hitters park and if you get alot of flyballs your numbers are going to soar. Lewis has pretty poor numbers against the Sox but the white sox are shell of the team they once were. The White sox really havent done much to invest in this team, Ventura will have to go without Quentin and I really dont see how this team can be competitive in this division unless they spend some money.

Danks is 1-4 with a 3.81 era in 8 starts against the Rangers and had a 8-12 year overall last year with a 4.33 ERA. Again, you have to look at the park Danks pitched in and the miserable offense he had behind him when you look at his numbers, especially that win/loss record. Danks is one of the few guys the Sox really spent some money on and I think with his cutter and the left handers overall numbers, he is definitely worth the money they spent on him. This putrid offense he has behind him will probably keep his numbers pretty poor in the win/loss record though.

The Rangers had some of the best numbers in baseball against left handers in Arlington last year

Cardinals +111 risk 1

Rockies -123 risk 1.23

Guthrie is somebody you have to really look at the teams he has played on when you are capping these games. Playing for the Orioles is always going to skew your numbers. The Astros are pretty much fielding a young team, they have new owners and seem to be rebuilding but Wandy has great numbers at home even playing for a dismal team like this.. This one is a tough call with Rodriguezs numbers at home but its going to be hard putting money on the astros this year

Minute maid is a hitters park but I traditionally stay away from too many totals this early in the year and the Astros offense is nothing to write home about.

Rays +118 risk 1

A's -1 +101 risk 1

Angels -1 -159 risk 3.18

Mariners/A's first 5 under 3 +105 risk 1

Last edited by gregm; 04-06-12 at 08:52 AM.

blowseq
    Status? What status?
    blowseq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Good analysis on Rangers game! GL!

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

im on the rays, angels -1, rangers -1, cards, rockies and giants