SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Braves at Mets - Sep 5th

Braves, Mets: Under

By: Tom Freese

With strong K:BB hurlers on the hill and both teams missing a big slugger, take the under today at Shea.

We like a low scoring game here as both starting pitchers are in excellent KW form.

The Braves' John Smoltz has a better than 4 to 1 strikeout to walk ratio in his last three starts while the Mets' David Williams has a better than 5 to 1 strikeout to walk ratio in his last three starts.

It doesn't hurt our cause that the Braves will be without Chipper Jones while the Mets will be without Carlos Beltran. Both are out with injuries.

Play: Under
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-21-15 at 04:02 PM. Reason: link does not work

SBRforum Staff

Mets at home vs. Braves

By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com
    The best team in the NL is playing at home as the underdogs tonight. A no-brainer!

We get a friendly ump behind the bump in Ted Barrett whose seen the home team cash in 19 of the 28 games he's called balls and strikes this year.

Roll with the best team in the NL at home as a dog no less!

We faded John Smoltz his last time out and the Giants crushed him to the tune of six hits and seven earned runs in only five innings of work. This really looks to be as good a spot as any to fade him once again.

The Mets are by far the best the NL has to offer. They already lost the first game of this series last night to their most hated rival in the East, and will do whatever necessary to get over the top tonight. Even if Smoltz is coming off a bad outing. Dave Williams has won each of his only two starts in Shea, and looked pretty good in doing so. He's worked a total of 12 innings, gave up 13 hits, five earned runs,a and struck out six while walking one. Not to bad by my count, and he's coming off his best start as Met since putting on the orange and blue going seven innings in Coors and holding the Rockies to three runs on nine hits.

Play: Mets +120

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think the over is the right side of this game IMO

SBRforum Staff

Braves, Mets - Under 9

By: Sonny Lafouchi
    http://www.nsawins.com
    Tonight's tilt at Shea with Smoltz and Williams on the mound looks to be a solid play for the under.

Dave Williams (4-3, 6.10 ERA) toes the slab for the Mets tonight. Williams makes his fourth start since New York obtained him from Cincinnati on May 25.

Williams improved to 2-0 with a 3.79 ERA in his first three starts with New York after he allowed just three runs in seven innings in an 11-3 win at Colorado on Wednesday. The southpaw will be making his second career start against Atlanta. Williams gave up two runs on eight hits over six innings in a 2-1 loss last season on July 29 while pitching for Pittsburgh.

John Smoltz (12-7, 3.60) will top the hill for Atlanta tonight. In his last 12 starts, the right-hander is 8-2 with a 3.43 ERA over. Smoltz is coming off of his worst outing of that stretch Thursday, when he was lit up for seven runs on six hits over five-plus innings in an 8-6 loss to San Francisco. The right-hander is 1-1 with a 2.77 ERA in two outings against the Mets this season.

The bottom line is both starting pitchers are pitching well and should pitch well tonigh.

Play: Under 9

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Braves Baby, just because...

1) Cant remeber last time Smoltzie had two bad outings in a row...
    2)Its a must win for Atlanta while the Mets couldnt care less...
    3)Who the hell is Dave Williams??

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Smoltz has been on a nice roll, so I will take Atlanta.

darkghost
    darkghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10547

I'm in on ATL. Where are your posted plays, Ill? I noticed you're on extended vacation.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by darkghost
    I'm in on ATL. Where are your posted plays, Ill? I noticed you're on extended vacation.
    I might have a few here and there, but way too much chalk is cashing for my liking. Also, I am focusing mor and more on football.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

The first days of September has shown the dogs cashing at a better rate then the favorites. But we still have 25 days for the dogs to tank it somemore.