WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Any Local Colorado guys know Tulo's status?

Plunked in the elbow by Ubaldo Jiminez.

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

He's fine, xrays negative

ESPN MLB - X-rays on Rockies SS Troy Tulowitzki's left elbow were negative; he was hit by pitch in spring game

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

really ugly story here

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

By Paul Hoynes, The Plain Dealer
    Follow

http://media.cleveland.com/design/ba...nt_79x20.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(253, 98, 5); border-width: initial; border-color: initial; cursor: pointer; background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">

ShareEmailPrint

View full size
    Marcio Jose Sanchez, Associated Press
    Indians starting pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez yells at Colorado's Troy Tulowitzki as he is held back by first baseman Carlos Santana, left, after Jimenez hit Tulowitzki with a pitch during the first inning of Sunday's spring training game in Scottsdale, Ariz.
    SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Indians right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez hit former teammate Troy Tulowitzki with a pitch in the first inning Sunday as a simmering feud between the two flowed onto the field.
    Jimenez, with one out and one in the first inning hit the Colorado shortstop with his first pitch. The two players approached each other, gesturing angrily. Jimenez signaled for Tulowitzki to come get him. Both teams rushed onto the field with Tulowitzki and Jimenez screaming at each other.
    When order was restored, no one was ejected, but Tulowitzki was removed for a pinch-runner and was examined by Rockies team doctors. He was later taken for precautionary x-rays on his left elbow.
    The Indians beat the Rockies, 12-10, in a game featuring grand slams by Travis Hafner and Shelley Duncan to end a 10-game losing streak.
    The Rockies traded Jimenez to the Indians on July 31. Jimenez, after starting the All-Star game in 2010, slumped in the second half. The slump continued in the first part of 2011.
    Meanwhile, the Rockies gave Tulowitzki and center fielder Carlos Gonzalez big contract extensions. Jimenez, reportedly, was upset by that.
    This spring Jimenez said being with the Indians was like being in "heaven' compared to playing with the Rockies.
    Tulowitzki fired back.
    "If someone doesn't want to be here," Tulowitzki told the Denver Post, "we always say, 'Please, go up to the manager and tell him you want to leave or that you don't think this is the best place for you.' That was kind of the case with him."
    Jimenez left with the score tied, 4-4, and one out in the fifth inning. The Indians gave him a 4-0 lead on Travis Hafner's grand slam in the first inning. The Rockies pulled even on two-run homers by Tyler Colvin and Chris Nelson.
    During the game, the Indians announced that they would not let Jimenez talk to reporters after he left the game. They said he would talk Monday. Later, they let reporters talk to Jimenez. The interview was cut short by the stadium facility manager who wanted to get Jimenez out of the ballpark for "safety reasons."
    "It was the first inning and I didn't have good control of my fastball," said Jimenez. "You guys can see that. I walked the first guy. Tulo is one of the best hitters in the game and you have to try to go inside on him and that's what I tried to do."
    Yeah, that's right, Jimenez went to the "one pitch that got away" excuse that has been used by pitchers for the last 100 years.
    So what was going on when Jimenez and Tulowitzki were screaming and walking toward each other?
    "I was surprised," said Jimenez, when asked about Tulowitzki moving toward him. "I've never had any problem with him. He was calling me things.
    "I'm a man. I try to relax all the time, but if someone calls me out, I've got to go. He was calling me names. He was calling me a chicken. Well, not chicken, but another really aggressive word that I can't say right now.
    "I don't look for trouble, but if you call me out, I'll be there."
    When told that Tulowitzki had been taken to the hospital for x-rays, Jimenez said, "Of course, I'm going to be sorry if he's hurt. He's one of the superstar players in the game. As a player, you love to see him play.
    "You don't want to be in position where you're the guy who takes him out of the game. ... I don't want to hurt him."
    As for war of words that has been going on between Jimenez and the Rockies this spring, Jimenez said, "I never talk about anyone. The only thing I said was how the team treated me. I never mentioned anybody. I never mentioned any names."
    Said Rockies manager Jim Tracy, "That's the most gutless act I've seen in 35 years of professional baseball. I've lost all respect for (Jimenez). ... All of it."
    Hafner's slam gave the Indians a 4-0 lead in the first off Jeremy Guthrie. The Rockies stormed back on homers by Colvin and Nelson to tie the score. Colorado stretched the lead to 10-5 on Colvin's three-run homer in the sixth off minor leaguer J.D. Reichenbach.
    Duncan brought the Indians back with a slam in the seventh off former Indians Alex White to make it 10-9. The Indians won it with three runs in the eighth.