NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Guys Need Some Good Fantasy Sleepers in Baseball This Year...Especially Pitchers

I saw ESPN has some articles on sleepers this year in all positions but I am not an "Insider".

If someone can kindly re-post those articles in their entirety on this thread that would be appreciated.

And also any good sleepers you guys know of let me know. I am in a 14 team $100 money league head-tohead buy in on YAHOO! (7x7 categories)

I already completed two major trades.... trading away D-Backs OF Chris Young for Lucas Duda and Sin Shoo Choo and feel I raped the guy on that trade. I also just traded Miguel Cabrera, John Danks and Yunel Escobar for Freddie Freeman, Matt Harrison, Trevor Cahill and Jimmy Rollins. (I dropped Wilson Betemit as the extra player).

Now I need to fill the rest of my roster with undervalued sleeper studs. Please help.

honeybadger2073
    honeybadger2073's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

I know he broke his face the other day but why would you give up Miggy?

abe74
    abe74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4481

You might have raped the guy in the first trade, but you gave away the top player for a terrible return.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Are not top players like Cabrera not allowed to be traded? I know on Yahoo foot/basketball you can not trade top players.

Zzapper
    Zzapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Miggy one of the best offensive players in baseball. would have never traded him!

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

c/o ny sports guy /i am an insider w espn//try these/1st. 4 are very solid//clay bucholz red sox ricky romero/blue jays///jered weaver 10-1 in april/liriano/danks/bud norris/i really like all giants sp. esp. bumgarner sleeper/retain dee gordon new ss/dodgers//cespedes cf oakland/finally abs. locks on every team on all mine ok/1b. adrian gonzalez//lf c.gonzalez rockies/rookie ss. for both mets and red sox /look them up/always go to mlb.com/probable pitchers/every day ok gl

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Are not top players like Cabrera not allowed to be traded? I know on Yahoo foot/basketball you can not trade top players.
    You can trade, but you can't drop. You can also remove that option, so they can be dropped.

honeybadger2073

Has to be some sort of a typo with that Cabrera trade.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Might not be a sleeper, but cole hamels will be the best pitcher on that staff this yr and will be in the running for Cy young.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    c/o ny sports guy /i am an insider w espn//try these/1st. 4 are very solid//clay bucholz red sox ricky romero/blue jays///jered weaver 10-1 in april/liriano/danks/bud norris/i really like all giants sp. esp. bumgarner sleeper/retain dee gordon new ss/dodgers//cespedes cf oakland/finally abs. locks on every team on all mine ok/1b. adrian gonzalez//lf c.gonzalez rockies/rookie ss. for both mets and red sox /look them up/always go to mlb.com/probable pitchers/every day ok gl
    Holy crap that was difficult to read

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Not one of those players you got for Cabrera will put up the numbers he will. You should never trade a consensus (although there is a good argument for Pujols) number one pick.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

yeah you might be insane for trading miggy, i was ecstatic when he fell to me at #3 in my draft (1-pujols 2-kemp) and you didnt get 30 homeruns in return between all the guys you got back....not even a top starter...i hope im wrong because i have miggy and freddie freeman as well but i just dont see it sorry man

honeybadger2073

Im in a 14 man league and sleepers are going to be hard to come by after the draft but here are a few guys that might be still around. Obviously the guys that are injured or in the minors arent going to help you now but they could later. Sanchez is capable of being a front line starter and Alvarez has great stuff but is unproven.

Minors
    Trevor Bauer
    Tyler Skaggs
    Shelby Miller

Injured
    Salvador Perez

Active
    Jonathan Sanchez
    Henderson Alvarez

RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chris Sale

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Tommy Milone - Has great control (posted 2.7% BB rate in AAA last year) and pitches in Oakland. He may not rack up wins but he he will post solid WHIP and his ERA should be helped by a big home park, very good outfield D despite low velocity (89 MPH FB) and a low GB rate.

Juan Nicasio - blister fastball (94 MPH), great control ~5% BB rate in the minors, reasonable GB rate. Some questions about pitch mix (about 70% FB) and coming back from injury, but looks good this spring.

Brad Peacock - another Hard-throwing ( 93 MPH) fly-ball pitcher (33% GB rate) who can be helped by pitching for the A's, should should manage decent ERA, okay WHIP and good Ks

NYSportsGuy210

Gryfn -

I am in a 14 team league also. I have Milone in my sights too. Nicasio was picked up literally 5 minutes before I signed on to get him. I will keep my eye on Milone though.

I also just picked up Carlos Ruiz be my new catcher as I was auto drafted a sh*tty catcher.

I also picked up MI - Freddy Galvis from Philly. I think Chase Utley will miss about 70-80 games. His knees and his career looks to be in serious decline to me. Galvis is tearing up Spring Training.

Livan Hernandez just got added as a #5 starter on Atlanta. Don't know if I should drop Duxtin McGowan for him though.

NYSportsGuy210

KC SP - Jonathan Sanchez was drafted already he isn't available. Sean MArshall and Nicasio were picked off of waivers three days ago.

I got Freddy Galvis and Carlos Ruiz to bolster my offense.

Oh yea and the trade for Freddie Freeman, Jimmy Rollins and Matt Harrison I ended up only having to trade away Miguel Cabrera and Yunel Escobar. THe league felt I was getting raped and demanded that I keep Cameron Maybin and John Danks.

NYSportsGuy210

Paul Goldschmidt!