bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Those fighting fish are amazing

The marlins did something no other team has done in like a 100 years

The Marlins made it back to .500 after being 20 games below the even mark in May. Florida is making even bigger plans now.

You gotta love stories like that if your a sports fan of any sort.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

You gotta take your hat off to Girardi and his young team...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4543

Got to love them fish.

The Marlins are sitting at 68-68 and are only 2 games out of that wild card lead. It would be nice to see that surging team capture the wild card. Its a young exciting team.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep they are by far the best at drafting and developing players.

bigboydan

if the trend continues like it has in the past. the next 3 years or so they will probly in the world series again.

TexAg001
    TexAg001's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldnt say they are the best at drafting and developing players. I would say they are the best at identifying other teams best prospects. Which when you trade away that many great players you are going to have some hits. They drafted Becket..but he is the only one that comes to mind right away. If you want to see something amazing then go to baseball reference.com and look at all the trades the Marlins have made in there 2 foresale jobs.....loads of tament running both ways.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Well, they're a game over .500 after beating the D-Backs today. If this team makes the postseason, I'll be the first to stand there gape-jawed at what they've done. And I'll also be the first to shake my finger and say, "Shame, Shame, Shame!" a la Gomer Pyle at the rest of the National League wildcard hopefuls for not being able to beat them.

Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee
    Well, they're a game over .500 after beating the D-Backs today. If this team makes the postseason, I'll be the first to stand there gape-jawed at what they've done. And I'll also be the first to shake my finger and say, "Shame, Shame, Shame!" a la Gomer Pyle at the rest of the National League wildcard hopefuls for not being able to beat them.

I agree Willie...
    Most shamed should be your Astros and my Braves...
    They both have far more talent than the Marlins and if they lose to them they should probably blame their soft attitude...
    Still I think its a longshot for the Marlins to make it...

bigboydan

willis goes tomorrow for the fish too. the sick part about this one is that the D'backs are now probly going to pack it in for the year after falling 6 games out of the wild card race.

Bulldog

If SD wins today they will be 7 gms out so yeah, I think theyre done...