ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by AdamStock1983 View Post
    Not everyone is looking to price trade or scalp. If you are doing this you have to be committed full time watching line services getting down on the openers and buying back at the optimal times. Not to mention you have to be at multiple books most of which limit or ban them. Also if you are a US resident like I am then your options are really limited.

If you want to price trade and scalp you can do that and turn a profit but what you talking about applies to less than 1% of the people on here. Most don't do this full time and are not going to have the time nor means to do what you are implying.

great post... also you need to have a really big roll to make it worth while.

no point in doing this if your only betting 10- 100 bucks a game

gonna be betting in the thousands to make that worthwhile if your scalping and what not

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Futures are good and fun to watch, but they are not for everybody. I love playing them before every NFL, NBA, and MLB season. It keeps me from betting on too many games because technically I will have "action" on every game that team plays during the season anyway.

good point... basically all i have action on like 5 different teams every game...

and could focus on other games as well

taxe91
    taxe91's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Wash under 83.5 seems like a real good option. Marlins got better, Braves and Phils are still top teams in the NL, looks to be a ton of divisional losses for the Nats.
    wash won 80 last year so they only need to improve by 4 wins:

- strasburg is back
    - addition of gio, brad lidge
    - inevitable midseason call up of bryce harper
    - jayson werth *should* bounce back
    - if they are in with a sniff at the trade deadline they will make a move

the only 'under' im betting in that division is the mets.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by taxe91 View Post
    wash won 80 last year so they only need to improve by 4 wins:

- strasburg is back
    - addition of gio, brad lidge
    - inevitable midseason call up of bryce harper
    - jayson werth *should* bounce back
    - if they are in with a sniff at the trade deadline they will make a move

the only 'under' im betting in that division is the mets.
    Strausburgh might be back but he is on an innings count. Your best pitcher won't be pitching when the games count the most. Doesn't matter if they are in it at the trade deadline in that case.
    Last edited by seaborneq; 04-01-12 at 08:30 AM.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

taxe91

Strausburgh might be back but he is on an innings count. Your best pitcher won't be pitching when the games count the most. Doesn't matter if they are in it at the trade deadline in that case.
    he was back at the end of last season and has been fine all spring so he is definitely back, but yes the innings limit will hamper them come september.

having said that though, since we have an added wild card this year there will be better opportunity for them to be in contention and as long as they are in contention they wont resort to playing their minor leaguers in the final month of the season.

EDIT:

didnt realise that i am yet to make my own contribution to this thread, ive got the athletics under 72 wins and the mets under 72.5 wins.

the athletics:

- a 74 win team in 2011 in a division that strengthened over the offseason. the angels and rangers will be beating up on them all season
    - pitching wins you games. (see: phillies, tampa bay) they sold off two 200+ IP starters in cahill and gio in the offseason, as well as a closer who has had a 1.xx ERA in 2 of his 3 major league years.
    - they have one of the worst offenses in the AL (their stadium doesnt help). cespedes can help that but manny wont

the mets:

- unless santana starts 73 games i dont see how they can win more than 72 with that offense. the pitching talent in the NL east is filthy (halladay, hamels, lee, josh johnson, strasburg, zimmerman, gio, buehrle, jurrjens, hanson, the entire braves bullpen)
    - if they can find anyone willing to pick up the contracts, the mets will almost certainly try and move david wright and maybe even santana himself at the deadline. this team is doomed for 2012.
    Last edited by taxe91; 04-01-12 at 09:46 AM.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I don't think either team will be that bad when the games are played. The o/u is way too low on both of these teams. Both will win 75+ games.

taxe91

I don't think either team will be that bad when the games are played. The o/u is way too low on both of these teams. Both will win 75+ games.
    I think the lines are fair. They won 74 and 77 games respectively in 2011 and both teams regressed in the offseason.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Myself, I haven't taken it (yet) but may jump on the Mets over. I just don't see them losing 90 games. Sure they lost Reyes, but they have a lot of young talent who played well last year (Dude, Murphy, Davis) and they get Johan back this year. While I don't expect them to get in the playoffs, I'd be shocked if they're 20 games under .500. Like every other team, it's all gonna depend on health. If they stay healthy, they'll go over.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Phillies have regressed, braves remained the same(worse), marlins will be a little better, and the mats remain the same(worse), mets gain ground just by having Johan and the other teams in the division more closely bunched. All of this goes out of the window if the mets are still selling off players from the madoff mess.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

At the quarter point and it looks like tigers will be under, nats will be pulling fans out of the stands to take at bats, and the mets are better than advertised. Still 3 quarters of the way to go.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Does anyone feel good about any of their futures yet?

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anyone feel good about any of their futures yet?
    Not too bad but its early.

TICKET ACCEPTED EVENT DATE TYPE DESCRIPTION RISKING TO WIN BET STATUS
    241196607-1

9:21am 5-Apr-12 10:05am 5-Apr-12 Future MLB Futures - Division Winners - Winner of.... +1247 Pending
    Division Winners
    Winner of 2012 AL Central
    Chicago White Sox
    241196659-1

9:22am 5-Apr-12 10:05am 5-Apr-12 Future MLB Futures - Regular Season Wins - Baltim.... +144 Pending
    Regular Season Wins
    Baltimore Orioles Regular Season Wins
    Over vs Under 70.5 Wins
    241196659-2

9:22am 5-Apr-12 10:05am 5-Apr-12 Future MLB Futures - Regular Season Wins - Detroi.... +129 Pending
    Regular Season Wins
    Detroit Tigers Regular Season Wins
    Under vs Over 90.5 Wins

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

All of my futures were hinderburg mixed with titanics. Disaster.

ebbearsfb1

i've cashed red sox under 250, waiting to cash under on astros for 500

lost orioles100, lost white sox100,

could cash over 86 rays,

and could cash mets, and padres overs

might have a chance to cash rays to win divison and rays to win al

venture
    venture's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got bal to win east 22-1 in season

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Granderson leading the league in home runs is my only hope. Josh Hamilton needs to keep drinking the purple drank.

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

Balt at 40/1 to win the div, though they need to pull thier fingers out if I have any chance to cash that - also 50/1 and 100/1 for AL and WS but even less confident about them !

Do also have Oakland at 14/1 AL and 25/1 WS so if things stay then should have at least one of them make the playoffs through the wild card

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I also took Pujols 9-1, Texiera 10-1, Grandyman 22-1, Kemp 20-1, Votto 35-1, Uggla 35-1 to lead the league in home runs.
    Second straight year I have a guy who comes in one homer short of winning. Last year Fielder was walked in his last at bat, and Granderson was pulled for his last at bat.

First 123