Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont look now but here come the Braves!!!

This is one of those threads that in a couple of weeks could make me look really stupid or could make me look like a genius...

I gotta confess if the Braves go ahead and sweep the Giants tonight I still think they will have a chance (granted its an outside chance) to win the National League Wild Card and sneak into the playoffs.

This are the 5 reasons why!!!

5) The Braves play in the National league and thank god... interleague play is over.

4)Top of the order is hitting well. Renteria has been hitting well all year and Giles is playing for a contract. He should have a strong september back in the leadoff spot...

3)Their middle of the lineup is tearing it up!! Is it me or Jones, Jones, and McCann could just be the best 3,4,5 hitters in the league. (OK so Beltran, Delgado and Wright are pretty good)

2) Their schedule is not easy but if they can survive (meaning go 3-3) the first week of November when they go to both New York and Philly they will have a good chance to win a lot of games down the stretch. Colorado, Chicago, Florida (I know they have a better record than Atlanta buta at home you gotta like the Braves chances), Washington...
    I feel the Braves could get hot at the right time and feast on this teams. They will also play the Mets 6 times at a time where they dont have much to play for.

1) Starting Pitching: Yeah, thats right. If Smoltzie keeps doing his thing, Hudson can keep up his good stretch and James can keep on pitching like a veteran the Braves should have a chance. Not having Lance Cormier or Jason Shiell start any games should help!! Kyle Davies will join the rotation next week making it a little deeper...

Of course I could think of a much larger list of reasons why the Braves would miss the playoffs but what fun would that be!!!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

they are on a roll right now aren't they, and have smoltz on the hill tonight.

jesterson
    jesterson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Personally, I'm rooting for Cincinnati...

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jesterson
    No kidding, really...

Dont worry Jesterson, Im sure your Mets will win at least one playoff series this year...
    Still, the Reds are out of it imo and I dont like the Padres either. Its either gonna be Philly, Houston or Atlanta...

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by jesterson
    they better get out of that tail spin there in right now, or all the rooting in the world won't help the reds out.

bigboydan

boy, the braves really blew this one tonight. they had several chances to win this game, and just didn't convert. hell, i think there was even a record set tonight in the 8th inning with most pitchers used in 1 innning.

jesterson
    jesterson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    No kidding, really...

Dont worry Jesterson, Im sure your Mets will win at least one playoff series this year...
    Still, the Reds are out of it imo and I dont like the Padres either. Its either gonna be Philly, Houston or Atlanta...
    Let's hope so...I got World Series tix!!

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

The series this weekend is gigantic (ATL-Philly). Bulldog, your boys better at least take 2 out of 3 in this one or I believe they're done. I still like the Bravos chances but they gotta win this series....no question about it.

E

bigboydan

this game was PPD tonight against the phillies and braves. looks like they will play a double dip tomorrow.