john1967
    john1967's Avatar Become A Pro!

houston and the under

If This team can barely scrape out a win with clemens on the mound something is wrong. I love another under and the astros today
    astros under 8.5 -110

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

That was one weird game last night, John. One of the strangest ways I've ever seen the Astros win in their last AB. After becoming so accustomed to the 'Stros losing 1-0 when Clemens pitched, I felt that was our fate again last night.

You might be right about the under today though personally I'm not really enamored with the 8½ break. But hey, isn't that always the case as so many of us look for that extra half-run or half-point?

Doug Davis hasn't been too lucky in the W-L column against Houston, especially in Houston. But the truth is he has pitched some decent games against the Astros both home and away over the years. Hard to figure since several players --- Bidge, Berkman, Everett, Ausmus, Taveras and Lane to name a half-dozen --- have hit him fairly well in the past. Heck, even Roy Oswalt is 3-for-7 lifetime against the Milwaukee southpaw. But Houston's lineup has still struggled to score against him at times.

Davis did get whipped bad in Minute Maid earlier this year (boxscore) and then he pitched ok only to lose about a week-&-a-half ago in Milwaukee.

Pettitte has turned things around of late and he's got a good track record against the Brewers. But, here again, a few of their batters have feasted on him in the past (Cirillo, Graffanino, Mench).

I'm hesitant to play the under on this one, but wish you luck with your play.

Oh, and welcome to SBR

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

houston seems to be comming around as a team right now. they have won something like 5 straight games, and are making there run for the wild card.

good luck and welcome for the sbrforum John

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Hey, good call there John I was sweatin' it out with you in the 9th, especially with 'Lights Out' Lidge on the hill

john1967
    john1967's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks willie and bigboydan for the welcome,houston has been great on the under this year withtheir pitiful bats but I am going to stay away from it tonight with wandy on the mound and the mets in town.
    cheers
    john