austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wednesday Night Baseball

YTD 4-1 +3.34

Toronto Blue Jays @ Cleveland Indians

So tonight Jeremy Sowers take the hill for the Indians to try and keep his streak going. He is 3-0 with a 2.00 era in his last 3 starts. Apparently he ranks high in the bettors minds because he looks to be closing as a -170 favorite tonight. Jays bats have been silenced all year on the road, but they hit lefty's better than righty's. These two teams essentially have nothing really to play for other than pride. Both teams are out of the playoffs. Cleveland is and Toronto is for the most part. Now lets take a look at Sowers last 3 starts.

Detroit 6 IP 6 Hits 2 ER
    Tampa Bay 6IP 4 Hits 2 ER
    Kansas City 6 IP 5 Hits 0 ER

So Sowers has looked good allowing no more than 2 earned runs in his last 3 starts. But wait...TB?KC?

Lets me get this straight, Sowers gets the win over 2 of the worst teams in the AL and now he is a -170 fav?

I don't think so. I do know one thing. If Sowers doesn't make it out of the 6th inning, I would not feel confident laying that chalk on the Indians bullpen.

Reports form Rotowire.com show tonight will be Sowers last start of the year.

Jeremy Sowers: About to be Shut Down

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
    Wednesday, August 30, 2006
    Update: Wednesday's start will be the last for Sowers in Cleveland this season, the Columbus Dispatch reports.

Recommendation: The Indians are expected to shut him down next week, to keep from overworking him down the stretch. Sowers has thrown 168 innings between Cleveland and Triple-A Buffalo, more than he threw last season and more than every pitcher in the organization except Jake Westbrook. Fausto Carmona joined the rotation at Buffalo on Tuesday and is expected to replace Sowers.

Considering Sowers is being shutdown to prevent from being overworked, he could very likely be on a pitch count tonight. Which could mean more time for the Indians bullpen.

Toronto +162

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

YTD 4-2 +2.34

What a moose job.