SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marlins vs. Cardinals

Marlins vs. Cardinals

The Cardinals laid an egg last night and you can expect them to bounce right back tonight.

While it is true that the Marlins have now won 9 straight games, last night was their first road win of the entire streak. Don't look for another one!

The Marlins are a mediocre 30-36 on the road while the Cardinals are 38-25 at home this season. The veteran Cardinals had won three straight before losing yesterday's opening game of this series. They will bounce back tonight and take advantage of a very young team and a young hurler.

The Marlins Nolasco is just a 23 year old rookie and he has allowed 8 earned runs on 16 hits and 4 walks over his last 8 innings of work.

As for the Cardinals Marquis he has been inconsistent this season but when he's on he's tough to beat and that's why he's one of the league leaders in wins this season. Look for him to bounce back after a subpar effort at Shea.

Note that prior to that start, Marquis had looked very strong in his previous two starts. He allowed just 6 hits in 11 innings of work and we expect Marquis to hold the young Marlins hitters "in check" tonight.

Play: St Louis Cardinals

By: Players Advantage
    http://www.PhoenixSports.com

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I hope Phoenix Sports is wrong on this one as I have the Marlins. I'll be there tonight watchin this matchup. My guess is that, if the Cards win tonight, they'll have to score 6+ runs which is certainly not out of the realm of possibility. The commentators on Fox Sports Midwest last night seem to think that Pujols is injured and not telling anyone about it.

E

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

will molina be in the lineup tonight Ebone? I have been hearing he might be back as soon as tonight.