SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Devil Rays at White Sox - Aug 29th

Chalk one up for ChiSox

By: Steve Merril
    http://www.procappers.com

The White Sox have the edge tonight at home with Freddy Garcia on the mound against Casey Fossum and the Devil Rays.

These are two teams heading in completely opposite directions as the Devil Rays are having another miserable season with a 52-79 SU record while the White Sox are a solid 76-54 SU and will remain focused tonight as Chicago is still battling for the American League wild card spot.

Chicago holds a tremendous pitching edge this evening as Freddy Garcia has a strong 3.40 ERA and 1.205 WHIP in his 13 career starts versus the Devil Rays. Tampa’s Casey Fossum is coming off a rare win in his last start, but is due to return to his norm tonight as my pitcher performance ratings predict a below average outing this evening. Despite allowing just one earned run last Wednesday, Fossum still has a miserable 7.24 ERA and 1.829 WHIP in his past three starts.

Play: White Sox -210

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats the only way i could play this game myself. i'm not a runline type of guy at all, but it might be worth considering in this game.