baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is BRAUN on crack..... huh?

Well, first off, the guy is a ga-millionaire who gets paid millions to do nothing. No biggie, though. Congrats to him. Good job. My only point with that is that the guy is a ga-millionaire and he either

(a) buys his clothes at an antique dealership or Good Will .. OR
    (b) took the shirt and jacket off of an illegal as he crossed the border

Dude dresses like a hobo.

Anyways, to the point. The guy repeatedly says "this is the biggest challenge I've faced in my life and in my career". Say what? Was he in jail while falsely accussed? Nope. He was driving around in his Escalade, living off of his hefty millions which he gets paid for doing nothing (let's be real -- pro athlete/rock star/movie star), hittin' some balls, lifting some weights...

What the fukk was hard about it? Mike Tyson spent several years in the clink for something he didn't do and he didn't complain like a bitch like Braun does. And Tyson was totally innocent... and he said '**** the game, I'll go to the clink house if I have to' .... he didn't give a ****. And so you've got this Braun guy rolling around in his Escadale, his family is kicking back in his Mansion eating shrimp cocktails.... and this guy says it's the hardest thing he's ever had to do????

Unbelievable.

baskets

I honestly don't think this guy did it... but Clemens is guilty as all shit

baskets

Winning on a technicality is the American way. I don't care what anyone says. He had a 20:1 T/E ratio, with synthetic steroids in his urine. The seal was not broken, it was not tainted. A urine sample does not go bad after an extrea 24 hours. He should forfeit his MVP.

If this is the standard now. Barry Bonds should be a lock for HOF first year, which won't happen because the voters are butthurt about Bonds.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

if you want a big laugh check out his clothing line

baskets

you wasn't joken

baskets

man, I watched that dude give his speech.... and, believe me, I'm the most skeptical dude out there.... I just aint see this guy lyin'.

Clemens = guilty as sin. OJ = guilty

but I'm not seeing it w/ this Braun dude

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    you wasn't joken

look at those guns, hes def on roids

wade1
    wade1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

He is scared off the roids now. watch his numbers plunge this year. ie manny ramerez

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Roids, and hgh are two entirely different things.

HGH leans you out, and the fat on you body melts away.

Roids, bulks you up, and fat turns into muscle.

None of these pro athlete are taking roids anymore. Too risky/obvious, plus hgh has many more benefits.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by wade1 View Post
    He is scared off the roids now. watch his numbers plunge this year. ie manny ramerez
    Yep, that will be the telling tale, if his numbers stay the same then maybe he was innocent, if they fall off then we know he was guilty as hell. I'll be avoiding him in my baseball drafts in the next month.
    Last edited by MC PICKS; 02-27-12 at 04:23 PM.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

Quote Originally Posted by wade1 View Post

add to that all the injuries hes gonna have

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Roids, and hgh are two entirely different things. HGH leans you out, and the fat on you body melts away. Roids, bulks you up, and fat turns into muscle. None of these pro athlete are taking roids anymore. Too risky/obvious, plus hgh has many more benefits.
    This....Wouldnt even think about touching roids in athletics these days. Its like buying a cd when mp3 will do the same job but much more efficiently...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

doesnt really matter

He did not break records

A guy like him is not big news

He is a hamburger

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

He said biggest challenge of HIS life, right? Since he's apparently never been to jail (like Tyson) that wouldn't have been a challenge for him.

Now I'd probably argue with him on whether his clothes or this issue was really his biggest challenge.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Braun will hit .290 with less than 25 homers this year....nowhere near his $200 million price tag.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

what are you talking about, the guy is 100 percent clean, never took anything, and some dumbass test taker ****** up his test. either not on purpose or on purpose .
    there was a reason why his test was the highest test ever recorded in the mlb drug program, and a test a week later showed nothing.
    this basically ruins his brand and his image, maybe costing him a hall of fame bid, and millions of dollars in endorsements. because this will always live over his head.
    braun passed 3 tests during the season, and then fails one in the playoffs. late in the year. like in the middle or start of the cards series he is like, yeah i had one of my best seasons ever, and one of the best starts to a career ever i better juice up. makes perfect sense right?

anytime you talk to braun, and anytime in an interview, he is confident to a point of cockieness in his abilities, thats why from the start it just didn't seem to fit.

glad this is all over, and i think this motivates braun to have one of his best seasons ever, and maybe a 40/40 season. he had 34 i think last year hitting in front of fielder. and he only got to run when the manager put on the sign, unlike most sb' guys who have the sign all the time, you don't want run in fielder. so he had to be perfect in his chances.
    he will get many more opptunities to run this season, so i am expecting 40 sbs from him, and he can hit for 40 hr if he wants. but it would effect his avg.

cant wait to start up this season.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Braun will hit .290 with less than 25 homers this year....nowhere near his $200 million price tag.
    lawl. you are the biggest dur. why would he have that dramatic of a drop off. HE DIDN'T FAIL A TEST DURING THE SEASON. let me repeat it again. HE DIDN'T FAIL A TEST DURING THE SEASON, SO EVEN IF YOU ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO BELIEVE HE TOOK SOMETHING, HIS NUMBERS FROM THE REGULAR SEASON ARE NOT INVALID.

he passed every test his whole career.

he passed all three tests during the season. one was probably in september. or late august. i am sure they spread them out pretty evenly.

agian.
    he didn't fail a test during the regular season.

neverstoppers23

also i forgot to put in the last post, braun was injured all of last season with a nagging injury in which he needed a day off every couple of weeks. he missed some time before the allstar break i believe it was. so his numbers in reality should be better if he was healthy.

this whole dumbness of lets just talk shit about him without having the facts just pisses me off.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bottom line is he's still a juicehead and cheater. No one outside of Milwaukee will ever see him in the same light. The dude cheated period......let's revisit this thread in 6 months to see where his stats are which should be .290 with less than 25 homers.

Remember one thing, he beat the rap on the APPEAL not the original charge. There was a technicality on the appeal which does not in any way exonerate the original charge. Why do you think MLB is outraged by the appeal?? Do you think they want to lose one of their most marketable players??? No, its because they caught the guy juicing and had to suspend him.

It sucks that youre a Brew fan and cant see it in the same light as 95% of the rest of the world.
    Last edited by MagicDiceFlow; 02-27-12 at 10:00 PM.

baskets

if he's lying, he's an incredible liar

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

The hilarious aspect of this is congress went ape shit on baseball, and told them to clean it up. They are finally doing it, and the courts are handcuffing them. Judges/lawyers continue to **** this country up.

baskets

I don't understand the Clemens bullshit. It was OJ all over again. I mean, he was guilty as shit and they had the murder weapon... and, oh okay, you can go now Clemens. What a farce.

I think OJ was a better actor than Clemens. I mean, everybody knew OJ was guilty... I guess what gets me was just the audacity of Clemens. He was like an axe murder with a bloody axe in his hand and he's saying, "I didn't axe anybody...." and he was so believing in it that you actually want to believe him.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

some analyst on espn said the test taker had it in for braun for whatever reason/that 20-1 testerone ratio is highly suspicious/wont initially have braun on my fantasy bb. teams/imagine this it takes 75 percent of vote to get in hofame/mcgwire got 22

Thehusker
    Thehusker's Avatar Become A Pro!