SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks

Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks

Chad Billingsley has been on a terrific run as of late. In 7 of his last 8 starts he has allowed a combined 5 earned runs.
    Overall in those eight starts he has permitted 10 earned runs in 41 innings of work. He was bothered by control problems for most of his starts this year but in the last two games he has produced a 14 to 2 strikeout to walk ratio. The Dodgers have won 4 of his last 5 appearances.

Livan Hernandez takes his 5.97 home ERA into this contest. While pitching at Washington or Arizona you know what you are going to get from Livan. He will be very inconsistent but will be able to eat up innings and hopefully keep your team in the game. Therefore we ask you this. Would you rather have a young starter who has proved that he has a great future, or an aging veteran who threatened to quit on his teammates a year ago?

Billingsley shut out the Diamondbacks for 7 innings in his only meeting with Arizona, we look for a repeat performance.

Play: Los Angeles Dodgers.

By: Bryan Leonard
    http://www.PhoenixSports.com

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't think i could trust either one of these pitchers. i guess if i were to bet this game, i'd go with the over.