imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I have a ton on the Yankees to win the World Series.

O.K guys, back in early April when I had a huge bankroll after
    successful NFL,CFB & CBB seasons I made a bunch of future wagers on the Yankees to win the World Series.

Some of you on here remember me saying that I thought
    the Yankees were a great bet to win the whole thing..

I want all of you baseball experts opinion on my chances
    of winning these wagers??

Do the Yankees have a big chance to win the World Series?

Thoughts please.. Thanks!!

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

1st i would like to say i am no baseball expert so my opinion doesn't count for a lot

my initial thought on the yankees was their pitching was not up to snuff and pitching and defense almost always win in the playoffs (i know it's a cliche but it's true)

mussina has been better than i thought and randy has pitched about what i expected

i guess if Liriano had not gotten hurt i would have went with minnesota but now i dunno about that especially since that may cost them a playoff birth

yankees has a good shot at it especially if arod can actually do something in the playoffs which i think would inspire the team

if pedro was healthy i would go with the mets

so i guess i am going with the team that gets their ace back full strength mets/twins (if twins even make it)

after that i would go yankees
    Last edited by goldengoat; 08-25-06 at 08:28 PM.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well Imgv I did a writeup called "Why the yankees will win the world series" a couple of weeks ago... you should find it easily if youre interested.
    I think they have a pretty good chance of winning it all this year. Even if Pavano, Matsui and Sheffield dont return, and there is a chance at least one of them does they have been getting unexpectedly good performances by guys like Robinson Cano, Melky Cabrera and Wang. (no first name here, sorry)
    Their lineup is great, their bullpen is strong, they have a nice bench and they would go into the playoffs with a rotation of Johnson, Mussina, Wang, Wright. Not dominant by any means but I think they will give them a chance to win every game. And they dont need to pitch shutouts either because their offense will put up some runs.

dcheng
    dcheng's Avatar Become A Pro!

30% chance +275

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would be looking at every hedging option i could, when it comes down to crunch time IMG.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have a chance, but not a big one.