cmdyrds
    cmdyrds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6868

just checking in. thanks for starting wallco. maybe guys can keep it to baseball only

analyzer
    analyzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9236

Looking forward to it!

Kev the Brit
    Kev the Brit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7910

Maxi, we understand your point about swings and streaks, etc. But the fact is that the system is not broken into seasons. It is continuous, like all systems. It is the bettor who falsely stops and starts every year and therefore creates yearly stats.

2006 bombed, therefore anyone joining in 2005 would not have a BR to enjoy the benefits of 2007-2010. If the bettor started playing the system in 2007, he would still be in profit after 2011, even though 2010 wasn't profitable..

Bottom line: use your own judgement to decide when to get on the train, how much to pay for the ticket and when to get off. Wallco drives the train, not the passengers.

Kev

Maxi_EV
    Maxi_EV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4709

Quote Originally Posted by Kev the Brit View Post
    Maxi, we understand your point about swings and streaks, etc. But the fact is that the system is not broken into seasons. It is continuous, like all systems. It is the bettor who falsely stops and starts every year and therefore creates yearly stats.

2006 bombed, therefore anyone joining in 2005 would not have a BR to enjoy the benefits of 2007-2010. If the bettor started playing the system in 2007, he would still be in profit after 2011, even though 2010 wasn't profitable..

Bottom line: use your own judgement to decide when to get on the train, how much to pay for the ticket and when to get off. Wallco drives the train, not the passengers.

Kev
    I know it's continuous Kev. And this argument just increases the importance of what I'm saying. The fact that it's continuous tells us that the swing could have been worst than -147 units. IT CAN'T BE LESS. If the end of 2005 or the beginning of 2007 are downfalls, the downswing in the continuity is just worst.

My point is that it is so easy, using excel, to graph your results and then say: " Ok guys, I created a great system that generated 574 units in 6 seasons, the worst downswing being X units." I can't believe he doesn't provide us with that info. One click in excel...

Nobody wants to dig into the dark side of it. I know it is a POWERFUL system. Don't you think I've already figured that out with all the thoroughness with wich I analyse systems. But gambling is all about the RISK/REWARD equation. So we need both variables.

edit: I should have PM Kev. Sorry for that.
    Last edited by Maxi_EV; 02-21-12 at 09:05 AM.

Apathy31
    Apathy31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 448

I am ready for this year to start already! Can't wait for baseball season.

GL Wallco I will be trailing you.

J.M. Disciple
    J.M. Disciple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9667

If you have $10k bankroll $50 should be a safe unit size for this system or .5% of your roll to start the season. I think the system was down 50 units at one point last season, but with other systems combined you were pretty much in the green or only slightly down through out the season.

I think its pretty safe to say with any system .5% of your roll is a pretty safe margin. It will not maximize your results, but it will keep your bankroll intact. You could also use your own capping skills and say I do not like this series so im only going to do .5% on this one and 2% on the ones you like. Its up to your own comfort zone as Wallco stated to determine the % of the roll you use.

I'm sure wallco has a big roll under his belt and $100 unit size is well within his comfort zone seeing how much series are not more then $2k or 20 units at risk. I think its always better to be safe then sorry as you see numerous Sports bettors who think they know it all and say "hey its only 1%" which eventually turns into 20% over a series and when you play multiple systems at a time 5 losses and your screwed. .5% of your roll should be pretty safe.

Good Luck on the season
    JMD

Wallco99
    Wallco99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39230

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi_EV View Post
    I know it's continuous Kev. And this argument just increases the importance of what I'm saying. The fact that it's continuous tells us that the swing could have been worst than -147 units. IT CAN'T BE LESS. If the end of 2005 or the beginning of 2007 are downfalls, the downswing in the continuity is just worst.

My point is that it is so easy, using excel, to graph your results and then say: " Ok guys, I created a great system that generated 574 units in 6 seasons, the worst downswing being X units." I can't believe he doesn't provide us with that info. One click in excel...

Nobody wants to dig into the dark side of it. I know it is a POWERFUL system. Don't you think I've already figured that out with all the thoroughness with wich I analyse systems. But gambling is all about the RISK/REWARD equation. So we need both variables.

edit: I should have PM Kev. Sorry for that.
    It was +594, but who's counting!

Maxi_EV

sorry.

srednalf
    srednalf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

Wallco-I have found your past results on post # 3446 but can you tell me what the average units lost per series on your MLB chase system have been since the 2005 year.

Maxi_EV

Quote Originally Posted by srednalf View Post
    Wallco-I have found your past results on post # 3446 but can you tell me what the average units lost per series on your MLB chase system have been since the 2005 year.
    You will also need an average for series won. It is not 1 because you will bet both on some dogs and favs.

srednalf

Yeah I understand his MLB chase is based off attempting to win 1 unit and that the risk/reward will vary on each series with using both +/- ML plays. I’m just trying to get an idea of what the average series total units lost at this time. Thanks for any information that you have available to share.

srednalf

It would also be greatly appreciated if someone had the average units lost per series for the JM system both official and unofficial.

knugen
    Update your status
    knugen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5460

Have anyone backtested to chase a team with 3 SU/ATS losses or fade a team with 3 wins, like wallcos hockey system!?

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by knugen View Post
    Have anyone backtested to chase a team with 3 SU/ATS losses or fade a team with 3 wins, like wallcos hockey system!?
    No, too many long streaks in baseball. I tried it but really got nowhere with it. Seemed like a dead end.

Wallco99

Yeah I understand his MLB chase is based off attempting to win 1 unit and that the risk/reward will vary on each series with using both +/- ML plays. I’m just trying to get an idea of what the average series total units lost at this time. Thanks for any information that you have available to share.

Wallco99

The +money plays are always -15 units for a lost series, the M/L plays vary with the odds.

srednalf

thanks for the info

Maxi_EV

It's impossible to have an average odds for this system based on the record. We could do an average of each single game involved odds, but that would be a sick job. So if your goal is to compare different methods of playing it (I've done that on my side), then just create an average odds and apply it EVERYWHERE. Taking +100 or -110 would be simple.

** YOUR RESULTS WON'T BE REAL IN TERMS OF UNITS, BUT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO COMPARE DIFFERENT METHODS IN TERMS OF PRODUCTIVITY.**
    Last edited by Maxi_EV; 02-22-12 at 05:48 PM.

Wallco99

I am not sure if you guys ever backtested a +money system, playing M/L and R/L, which are posted in list format NOWHERE on the web. I have spent weeks looking for such charts. This backtest was so extensive and SO EXTREMELY time consuming, that the answer to a lot of your questions just wasn't documented. I know what units were season/season, but not game/game or even day/day, I had no use for that info then, and still don't. I have running unit counts tallied up to season's end, most of the loss amounts were saved, but the wins went into a group, many of them pretty big, some as high as +11 units on a D bet, risking no more than the minimum amount. I had to go day-day, and game-game, to get the results of every win and loss, since no R/L season charts are available. I know you guys are thinking I am not answering questions, but it's just the way it is. And all the pertinent info. that was needed to deem the system a success was published last season. That is the extent of what will be posted, so either accept it, or perhaps move on to another system. My results ARE in real units, because, as I said, I checked every line every season, not one game was estimated on my end.

Maxi_EV

When I said the results won't be real, I said IF YOU CREATE AN AVERAGE ODDS. I know that is NOT what you're doing. It was a tip for anyone wanting to compare different ways of playing it.

SportsInsights.com sells complete excel files with all the info (ML, RL, Public trend, O/u, etc...) back to 2003 for MLB I think.

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi_EV View Post
    When I said the results won't be real, I said IF YOU CREATE AN AVERAGE ODDS. I know that is NOT what you're doing. It was a tip for anyone wanting to compare different ways of playing it.

SportsInsights.com sells complete excel files with all the info (ML, RL, Public trend, O/u, etc...) back to 2003 for MLB I think.
    Gotcha! I thought you were saying it wasn't possible for me to have reached accurate results. Sorry.

Maxi_EV

[IMG][/IMG]

SportsInsights...
    NO RL...

srednalf

Wallco- if you do have the average loss per series for each season available that would be greatly appreciated and if you have the JM average available that would also be a plus. I’m not trying to change or figure out your system but more to compare a +ML only system that I have been working on for a few months now and don’t worry I wont clutter this thread with a new system.

Maxi_EV

!!!

Wallco99

Wallco- if you do have the average loss per series for each season available that would be greatly appreciated and if you have the JM average available that would also be a plus. I’m not trying to change or figure out your system but more to compare a +ML only system that I have been working on for a few months now and don’t worry I wont clutter this thread with a new system.
    I'll do my best when some time frees up.

srednalf

Thanks

Wallco99

Hi!

Apathy31
    Apathy31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 448

HEY!

KennyM10
    KennyM10's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am so happy wallco will be posting his losing picks in baseball again after finishing down over 100 units last year fade city.

knugen
    Update your status

No one are happy to see you in here, so can u please leave?
    Last edited by knugen; 02-29-12 at 07:28 AM.

Mrscofield25
    Mrscofield25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13647

Quote Originally Posted by knugen View Post
    No one are happy to see you in here, so can u please live?
    Yes Knugen. I think he can live. Leave, might be the correct word you are looking for.

knugen
    Update your status

Yes ofcourse, thats exactly what i wrote 

bisturis
    bisturis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6075

Wallco, I'm playing the JM NBA on PS only, do you think it's possible to play JM MLB that way too? Or has it been determined thats not a good way to play?

I know more losses could be incurred but do you know if it's still profitable in the end?

WWSports
    Update Status
    WWSports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by bisturis View Post
    Wallco, I'm playing the JM NBA on PS only, do you think it's possible to play JM MLB that way too? Or has it been determined thats not a good way to play? I know more losses could be incurred but do you know if it's still profitable in the end?
    I hope you don't mind me chiming in, but one way that I have found that works for me is in any sport that has a point spread we buy 2 points only a Tier 3 (C) play if they would not have covered the spread with the additional 2 points (or 3, if you can get it) in either of the previous 2 Tiers (A or B). This is just my way to avoid the high juice on Tier 1 (A) and 2 (B) and then compounded if we go to a Tier 3 (C). In MLB and NHL you could only buy the +1 1/2 runs or pucks on Tier 3 (C) if it wouldn't have covered with the +1 1/2 in the previous 2 tiers (A or B). Hope this helps some. I am still interested in hearing how Wallco likes to handle this situation.

bisturis
    bisturis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6075

Well, the book I use doesn't allow you to buy points in baseball. All spreads are + or - 1.5.

First 12345 ... Last